Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 24.01.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, @dave@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Hi guys, love using the postage label system which deducts directly for fund, but it only works for courier shipping.

How can I change the payment source for my Royal Mail Labels too please?  I have tried to change in the postage label section when I am buying but doesn't give me an option to change to funds from PayPal.  am I doing something wrong? Many thanks,

Message 2 of 43
See Most Recent

@kazlgw wrote:

Hi guys, love using the postage label system which deducts directly for fund, but it only works for courier shipping.

How can I change the payment source for my Royal Mail Labels too please?  I have tried to change in the postage label section when I am buying but doesn't give me an option to change to funds from PayPal.  am I doing something wrong? Many thanks,

Hi kazlgw, thanks for your question.

At the moment, the only payment method you can use PayPal, so you wouldn't be able to use a different payment method.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 43
See Most Recent

Hello , Seller will not respond to my message regarding item i purchased in bid .

They stated in message that relative was ill and would inform me when ready to post item /

Six months now and waiting , 

Message 4 of 43
See Most Recent

Why do the eBay team tell us to tag them in posts to continue the discussions outside of weekly chat, then when we do, the team never bother to look at the threads??

I tagged everyone on the team, I think, in the thread below, but no one from the eBay team has replied to it?

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Estimated-delivery-dates-yes-again/m-p/7552521...

Why not?

Thanks
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi, Can you see why there is still a max postage charge of £3.50 for CDs? This was introduced many years ago when you didn’t charge fees on postage and people were putting items on at 99p with £5 or more postage. This is no longer relevant and as any double CDs or boxed sets cost £4.69 tracked Royal mail 2nd class £3.50 is no longer sufficient

Message 6 of 43
See Most Recent

I made 2 posts in the weekly chat last week and only got one reply.

So one post was ignored entirely?

It was Marco that posted a reply, but he did not quote the question or post that he replied to in his reply (even though it says that you will in the thread rules as the start of these weekly discussion threads)

So how do I know which post the reply was to and which one was just ignored?

Thanks
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 7 of 43
See Most Recent

@lep5224 wrote:

Hello , Seller will not respond to my message regarding item i purchased in bid .

They stated in message that relative was ill and would inform me when ready to post item /

Six months now and waiting , 

Hi lep5224, thanks for your post.

When you don't receive an item, you have 30 days to file an item not received case as per our Money Back Guarantee, so you can get a refund in case you don't receive the item in question. Taking into consideration that it's been 6 months, it is possible that the transaction is outside of the coverage period, so you might not be able to take further actions through eBay at this stage. If for some reason, the transaction is still covered, you can try opening the case here. If the transaction is no longer covered, you would need to stay in touch with the seller and try to reach an agreement with them directly. Please note that you can always file a case regardless of the circumstances, so you are fully protected. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 43
See Most Recent

Hello All,

You may have seen my post on the discussion boards regarding reporting listings in violation of Ebay's policies. Quite a few of us are having the same issues when we report a listing and it seems that it is not working correctly when it is being dealt with by AI. '(We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.'). The appeal link for these is also broken .

Some have been positively actioned when they have been checked by a human although it seems that only a few of these reach them unless it involves serious issues such as hazardous or x rated material.

Please could you pass this on to the correct department to review and correct the issues?

Message 9 of 43
See Most Recent

ADDING TRACKING TO MULTI ITEM SALES

I have quite a few multi listing items and can often sell 5, 10 or 20 items in one sale from THE SAME LISTING. If I then have to add tracking details I have to enter the identical tracking details 5  10  or 20 times for it to show on my orders page. I was told by CS that I only need to enter details in the top item and it will automatically populate the rest but this is not the case. There should be a box to tick (on the Add tracking details screen) if you want the same details entered against every item (which is always the case for me)

Message 10 of 43
See Most Recent

I asked the following question in the weekly chat last week and no one from the eBay team has replied to it?

"Can one or more of the eBay team please also look at this thread and join the discussion.

Reporting listings in violation of policy 

Thanks

Russ"

So it appears that the team do not look at other threads when tagged in them or even when they are posted asking for help in this weekly chat.
Why not?

Thanks
Russ

- Albert Einstein
Message 11 of 43
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

I made 2 posts in the weekly chat last week and only got one reply.

So one post was ignored entirely?

It was Marco that posted a reply, but he did not quote the question or post that he replied to in his reply (even though it says that you will in the thread rules as the start of these weekly discussion threads)

So how do I know which post the reply was to and which one was just ignored?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ,

The second post last week was asking us to step in on a thread. The weekly chat is in place to help members with questions, we can provide direct responses to here within the hour.

If you want a member of our team to see a thread outside this chat, please mention us in there. We are not in a position to reply to every mention but will do what we can to assist where possible.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 12 of 43
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

Why do the eBay team tell us to tag them in posts to continue the discussions outside of weekly chat, then when we do, the team never bother to look at the threads??

I tagged everyone on the team, I think, in the thread below, but no one from the eBay team has replied to it?

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Estimated-delivery-dates-yes-again/m-p/7552521...

Why not?

Thanks
Russ

Hi @ducatimondo 

With that post there were multiple tags for the same issue. It was replied to earlier on the thread and we do read it when we are tagged but its may be that we have no change or update since the previous reply. 

We will of course continue to monitor these threads and let you know once we have an update.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 13 of 43
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hello All,

You may have seen my post on the discussion boards regarding reporting listings in violation of Ebay's policies. Quite a few of us are having the same issues when we report a listing and it seems that it is not working correctly when it is being dealt with by AI. '(We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.'). The appeal link for these is also broken .

Some have been positively actioned when they have been checked by a human although it seems that only a few of these reach them unless it involves serious issues such as hazardous or x rated material.

Please could you pass this on to the correct department to review and correct the issues?

Hi cobwebcottage, thanks for your post.

Thank you, if you confirm the item numbers for the item you don't think were actioned correctly, I can definitely flag this for you. Please note that this is not an additional report, so we might not be able to provide you with further updates in terms of the reporting.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 14 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi,

I asked about TRS discount for AGS items on the 1st of November last year and was told to start a new thread, since then I've only had an update saying no update, since that update it has returned then dissappeared again and I have asked for an update on the thread and in the weekly chat but Marco said no update means nothing has changed (but it clearly has changed twice) so there should be an update. I have added screengrabs on the thread showing all of this.

Im sorry but thats not customer service, after nearly 3 months it should be getting chased up to get some sort of answer, if I am expected to just sit and wait for an update it will never come as we all know how eBay backroom team operate. 

Message 15 of 43
See Most Recent

Good afternoon

Could you please kindly provided details of whom we need to contact to raise a formal complaint with regards the length of time it is taking ebay to resolve the EDD issues.

Many buyers have reported this issue, I reported it back in December, and had to chase for a reply, only to be told "we are still looking into it"

Sellers have taken the time to submit evidence to the ebay team, and the evidence speaks for itself, there is a problem with ebays EDD, the system is flawed.

Whilst I appreciate your hands are tied, I am sure there is something more that can be done to get this resolved. Is there an team looking at this at all?

It is increasingly frustrating when we are being ignored as @ducatimondo has pointed out.

Best wishes

Message 16 of 43
See Most Recent

Sorry for jumping on this reply, but can I send you over 250 listings that are clearly breaking ebay policy? The AI that looks into it seems to have been designed by somebody who doesnt know the policies that eBay set out, these are not just maybe they are breaking them they are clear breaks but we have told you this for months and you and others have constantly told us the reporting is working as planned.

Message 17 of 43
See Most Recent

dave@ebay wrote:

@ducatimondo wrote:

Why not?

Thanks
Russ

Hi @ducatimondo 

With that post there were multiple tags for the same issue. It was replied to earlier on the thread and we do read it when we are tagged but its may be that we have no change or update since the previous reply. 

We will of course continue to monitor these threads and let you know once we have an update.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you for your reply Dave
It would help if one of the team posted a reply in the threads they were tagged in to say they are monitoring it and will post an update when available.
The way it is now, they look like they are just being ignored.
There are so many important issues the members are asking about, that all seem to be ignore or just cut and paste replied to be "working as planned".
Can the team actually confirm if they will do that, post to say they have seen it and are monitoring it

Or do we just continue as we are and all believe they are just being ignored?

Thanks
Russ

- Albert Einstein
Message 18 of 43
See Most Recent

@russellmattin wrote:

Hi, Can you see why there is still a max postage charge of £3.50 for CDs? This was introduced many years ago when you didn’t charge fees on postage and people were putting items on at 99p with £5 or more postage. This is no longer relevant and as any double CDs or boxed sets cost £4.69 tracked Royal mail 2nd class £3.50 is no longer sufficient

HI @russellmattin 

As you know that was part of the reason for capping postage, I'll definitely pass this to shipping to be reviewed though as the costs do change over time. 

Obviously I cant say at the moment if it is something that I can get changed but I will have it looked into.

Thanks,

Dave 

eBay
Message 19 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi @pg_kicks,

You're correct that it is not something our team here can take on, as it would not be something we could keep up with. We have been sharing feedback we are seeing about the reporting platform, and we will continue to do so internally. We appreciate you making the reports through the correct channels.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 20 of 43
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.