💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 13.09.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 13.09.23 @2pm

@vgelectron1 wrote:

Hi.  Why my account been restricted for 3 days after person from eBay customer service told me that I can relist my item. That is not right! I only do what eBay told me to do. Why I should pay for someone mistake?

Hi vgelectron1, thanks for your post.

While we would love to support, we wouldn't be able to review account restrictiones over here. I would suggest contacting customer service again for further support.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 21 of 43
See Most Recent

Thank you Katie. I will quote the ban word for word:

'Responders should not be telling other members that they are incorrectly registered on the boards. Ebay already have the means to alert incorrectly registered members'

I understand that the poster may not have like my comment on their status and it may have contained a degree of hostility ( I take full responsibilty for this) but the wording of the ban is saying that any member cannot now mention it.

Message 22 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi katie@ebay 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I submitted the applications for both my accounts 'sweetmeme' and 'camelmocha' on 2nd Aug and received an auto response stating a waiting time of 3 weeeks. 

However, I haven't heard anything. Can you assist please? Thanks, Mika

application.jpg

Message 23 of 43
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Thank you Katie. I will quote the ban word for word:

'Responders should not be telling other members that they are incorrectly registered on the boards. Ebay already have the means to alert incorrectly registered members'

I understand that the poster may not have like my comment on their status and it may have contained a degree of hostility ( I take full responsibilty for this) but the wording of the ban is saying that any member cannot now mention it.

Thank you, I appreciate your confusion and will look into this further.

We do not allow for discussing moderation publicly so I would ask that we communicate after the chat via private message.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 24 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago i was told on here that any neutral or negative feedback relating to late delivery for orders made over the bank holiday would be removed due to a technical issue on eBay in relation to the dispatch by date and estimated delvery date. As the dispatch by date was the bank holiday Monday. I was also advised any defects on my account about late delivery for this time would be removed.

However this is not the case, i received a late delivery defect and neutral feedback about late delivery for an order placed over the bank holiday weekend. 

I waited for the automatic removal but this never happened, so i requested it be removed from the seller help. However this was refused with the reason being "it is someones opinion" even though it was due to a techincal error with eBay.

Please can this be looked into? as it is extremial unfair i am being punished for your technical issue.

Thanks

Message 25 of 43
See Most Recent

@retroclub wrote:

Thats what I thought but it's not linked to the cut off time as you still show fast and free/green for sellers at 11:59PM and it's still showing now past our daily cut off.

Example: 255039225991 now is showing fast/free after cut off time. Last night 8PM this was not showing it.

Every listing currently shows fast/free as it's the day time which has been fine. It's evening when it drops from all.

Thank you for the example.

Lots going on in the chat today and I want to be able to have a closer look at this one for you.

Leave it with me and I'll get back to you on this page as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 26 of 43
See Most Recent

@louisianna wrote:

I appreciate you reporting it marco@ebay but how can it possibly be working properly when it is giving impossible dates to customers. 
Its not fair on sellers or customers and makes us look like liars. They are not even shown an 'estimated delivery' its made to look like a definite.

Theres so many sellers that complain about this weekly, but the powers that be seem to just ignore what the sellers are saying. 

Thanks for your reply, louisianna

I see where you are coming from, but they are working as designed. However, EDD is calculated in different factors, they include seller's dispatch time, origin postcode, destination postcode and time of acceptance, it will also depend on the postage service you use and receipt of cleared payment. They may vary, especially during busy periods.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 27 of 43
See Most Recent

@manchestar wrote:

Hi katie@ebay 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I submitted the applications for both my accounts 'sweetmeme' and 'camelmocha' on 2nd Aug and received an auto response stating a waiting time of 3 weeeks. 

application.jpg

Hi @manchestar,

I'll send a note over to the team that is on the other side of the form. Will let you know on this thread when I hear back.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 28 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi,

Another issue i have and have raised before is regarding promted listings.

Now i and most people will believe that a promted lisitng is something that you eBay promote on our behalf hence why we pay a fee for this. So an ad on google or further up the search results is promoted and a fee should be charged should it be purchased in this way.

However i was charged a promoted listing fee on a brand new listing i created for someone to whom i sent the link directly through eBay messages, they did not search for it in the eBay search bar they copied the link directly. 

How can this be counted as a promoted listing when no promotion took place? It has happened before and i am now wondering how many other "promoted listings" are genuine?

Message 29 of 43
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago i was told on here that any neutral or negative feedback relating to late delivery for orders made over the bank holiday would be removed due to a technical issue on eBay in relation to the dispatch by date and estimated delvery date. As the dispatch by date was the bank holiday Monday. I was also advised any defects on my account about late delivery for this time would be removed.

However this is not the case, i received a late delivery defect and neutral feedback about late delivery for an order placed over the bank holiday weekend. 

I waited for the automatic removal but this never happened, so i requested it be removed from the seller help. However this was refused with the reason being "it is someones opinion" even though it was due to a techincal error with eBay.

Please can this be looked into? as it is extremial unfair i am being punished for your technical issue.

Thanks

Hi ak_craft_crazy, thanks for your post.

Yes, that's correct, we will automatically remove any defects caused by this issue. However, this done in batches, so if yours hasn't been removed, please allow enough time for it to be removed. Regarding your feedback, we wouldn't be able to assist over this channel with that. If it was denied already, the feedback will remain at this time.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 30 of 43
See Most Recent

hello ebay,

im at a loss as to why my sales have suddenly slowed by over 26% in the past 31 days. 

up until about 3 weeks ago my sales were quite healthy and consistent and have been for the past 1-2yrs but all of a sudden for no apparent reason they just slowed down to the point of almost every single days sales are below my usual average.

my account is in good standing.

can anybody give me any advice?

techtoolsgifts_0-1694612138801.jpeg

Message 31 of 43
See Most Recent

@tech-tools-gifts wrote:

hello ebay,

im at a loss as to why my sales have suddenly slowed by over 26% in the past 31 days. 

up until about 3 weeks ago my sales were quite healthy and consistent and have been for the past 1-2yrs but all of a sudden for no apparent reason they just slowed down to the point of almost every single days sales are below my usual average.

my account is in good standing as per my screenshot.

can anybody give me any advice?

techtoolsgifts_0-1694612138801.jpeg

Hi there,

Thank you for your question. 

Due to the nature of the weekly chat and the community our teams cannot go into detail on this topic as we cannot deep dive into your account.

I would recommend connecting with other sellers on our community here or reaching out to a sales expert via our help pages.

Some general advice I can offer is that if you are seeing a drop in impressions it would be best to go back to the basics with the listings and work on aspects such as titles, images and item specifics.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 32 of 43
See Most Recent

Thank you for your response, i think that over 2 weeks is ample of time for these to be sorted do you not think?

Also in relation to the feedback, i was told on here that feedback would be removed i then asked to confirm again on here that feedback would be removed for late delivery over the bank holiday. I was told by Dave that any feedback relating to late delivery would be removed for orders placed over the bank holiday weekend. 

So the neutral feedback i received about an item arriving "late" for an order placed over the weekend should be removed and the fact it was due to an eBay technical issue should be addressed? 

However you have just ignored this, how can a technical issue on eBay be my fault for which i am being punished for? How can i be advised one thing by yourselves but then when it comes to it you just ignore it saying it now cant be removed?

Message 33 of 43
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Hi,

Another issue i have and have raised before is regarding promted listings.

Now i and most people will believe that a promted lisitng is something that you eBay promote on our behalf hence why we pay a fee for this. So an ad on google or further up the search results is promoted and a fee should be charged should it be purchased in this way.

However i was charged a promoted listing fee on a brand new listing i created for someone to whom i sent the link directly through eBay messages, they did not search for it in the eBay search bar they copied the link directly. 

How can this be counted as a promoted listing when no promotion took place? It has happened before and i am now wondering how many other "promoted listings" are genuine?

Hi ak_craft_crazy, thanks for your post. 

There was a technical issue affecting this. However, I can see your account has recently been credited for a promoted listing fee. You will see that back in your account in 3-5 business days.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 34 of 43
See Most Recent

katie@ebay wrote:

@manchestar wrote:

Hi katie@ebay 

Thanks for your reply.

application.jpg

Hi @manchestar,

I'll send a note over to the team that is on the other side of the form. Will let you know on this thread when I hear back.

Thanks,

Katie 

Hi @manchestar,

I'm chatting with the team here.

Could you let me know what categories each registered for and the date you registered?

This will help them be able to locate easier and give us a hand.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 35 of 43
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Thank you for your response, i think that over 2 weeks is ample of time for these to be sorted do you not think?

Also in relation to the feedback, i was told on here that feedback would be removed i then asked to confirm again on here that feedback would be removed for late delivery over the bank holiday. I was told by Dave that any feedback relating to late delivery would be removed for orders placed over the bank holiday weekend. 

So the neutral feedback i received about an item arriving "late" for an order placed over the weekend should be removed and the fact it was due to an eBay technical issue should be addressed? 

However you have just ignored this, how can a technical issue on eBay be my fault for which i am being punished for? How can i be advised one thing by yourselves but then when it comes to it you just ignore it saying it now cant be removed?

Hey ak_craft_crazy, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that Dave was sharing general information. However, in this scenario the feedback wouldn't qualify for removal.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 36 of 43
See Most Recent

Thank you for your response, is this technical issue being looked at?

As i said before it isnt the first time this has happened and the fear is how many times has it happened without notice. Not just for me but for many other sellers who have lost out due to yet another eBay technical error.

Message 37 of 43
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Thank you for your response, is this technical issue being looked at?

As i said before it isnt the first time this has happened and the fear is how many times has it happened without notice. Not just for me but for many other sellers who have lost out due to yet another eBay technical error.

Thanks for your reply, ak_craft_crazy

Yes, it's also been resolved, which is what prompted the credit to your account.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 38 of 43
See Most Recent

That is very poor on eBay's behalf that i am told and reassured one thing but when it comes down to it eBay are not willing to step in and stick to their word. Instead place blame on a seller for another technical error, there seems to be some kind of theme here that eBay are not willing to work sellers but more bat away each concern they have.

Message 39 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi marco@ebay 

I would like to ask something related please. How do I avoid this case outcome? (screenshots attached) It states "However, the date scanned is after your stated postal and dispatch time." which is completely an error as the order was clearly scanned on the next working day when the item was dispatched.

This is very frustrating as it won't automatically remove any negative feedback left like the normal outcome will do.  Can you suggest please? 

tracking.pngNormal outcome.png

ac7279ea-b4e0-4235-b97f-000f24b9fabc.png

 

Message 40 of 43
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.