💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 13.09.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 13.09.23 @2pm

katie@ebay wrote:

@manchestar wrote:

Hi katie@ebay 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I submitted the applications for both my accounts 'sweetmeme' and 'camelmocha' on 2nd Aug and received an auto response stating a waiting time of 3 weeeks. 

However, I haven't heard anything. Can you assist please? Thanks, Mika

application.jpg

Hi @manchestar,

I'll send a note over to the team that is on the other side of the form. Will let you know on this thread when I hear back.

Thanks,

Katie 

Hi @manchestar,

They only received one for camelmocha  and they will reply to you via your eBay messages inbox shortly.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 41 of 43
See Most Recent

@manchestar wrote:

Hi marco@ebay 

I would like to ask something related please. How do I avoid this case outcome? (screenshots attached) It states "However, the date scanned is after your stated postal and dispatch time." which is completely an error as the order was clearly scanned on the next working day when the item was dispatched.

This is very frustrating as it won't automatically remove any negative feedback left like the normal outcome will do.  Can you suggest please? 

tracking.pngNormal outcome.png

ac7279ea-b4e0-4235-b97f-000f24b9fabc.png

 

Thanks for your question, manchestar

In this case, while we cannot see the case details, this something that would happen when the delivery time is recorded in time, but the dispatch time isn't. So, that's how you would prevent it from happening again in the future. However, it looks like the case was closed in your favor with no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

I am currently away and will return on the 20th of May. Please expect a delay in my reply

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 42 of 43
See Most Recent

katie@ebay wrote:

@retroclub wrote:

Thats what I thought but it's not linked to the cut off time as you still show fast and free/green for sellers at 11:59PM and it's still showing now past our daily cut off.

Example: 255039225991 now is showing fast/free after cut off time. Last night 8PM this was not showing it.

Every listing currently shows fast/free as it's the day time which has been fine. It's evening when it drops from all.

Thank you for the example.

Lots going on in the chat today and I want to be able to have a closer look at this one for you.

Leave it with me and I'll get back to you on this page as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Katie 

Hi @retroclub,

I've had a look and also got a second opinion on this one.

The postcode is what is impacting what is showing there. 

If there is no postcode it will show as Free but with no time as it doesn't know where the buyer is.

If there is a postcode and the system can see when it will be delivered it will show it there. If at any time of the day it can arrive within 3 days it will show this in green. If the system can see it cannot deliver in this timeframe (because of time of day or location) it will not be in green.

This is all in place to give the buyer a dynamic and changing EDD based on their location and performance of sellers and couriers.

Hope this helps to explain. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 43 of 43
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.