💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 10.08.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

l have a on going problem with e bay and all they say is thank you for my loyalty and we will sort your problem out and we are sorry, this has been going on for a month now and everytime l call i get the same answers nobody seems to bother like they use to, it seems there are problems nearly every week, what has happened to e bay over the last few months

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Can someone please tell me where on the Ebay Monthly Invoice I can find REFUNDS for Returns Labels where the customer has mis-used the Ebay Returns process by selecting a reason that makes the seller liable for the returns post when it's actually a remorse return.  We have about 5 of these a month. I report them to Ebay as per their procedure and when I speak to Ebay they assure me that "if" a refund is due it will be given to us but out of the 30 or so I've logged this year I can't find one Refund. I should stress that I only ever report customers where their dishonesty is blatent and there is absolutely no grey area.  Thnx Liz 

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi @sophiedavenw 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I cant look into your account from this side but if you can give me some information about the issue I'm happy to help where I can.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Why have ebay changed feedback format, lots if complaints,

system worked, why mess with it.

Re: why can't I write my own feedback anymore, you... - UK eBay Community

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

Will your alleged dynamic estimated delivery dates be updating when Royal mail go on Strike?

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi @rollssmco ,

Any refunds that are processed would be noted on your eBay account in the payments section. With regards to refunds for return labels for cases of wrong return reasons we would need to check specific examples. I'm going to take this offline and follow up with your account.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Why are ebay allowing Steven to promote stores that breach ebays link policy?

community.ebay.co.uk/t5/What-s-New/Steven-s-Top-5-Tips-For-eBay-Marketing/ba-p/7257813

Does anyone from ebay actually review any of these promoted stores?

crafted_chocolate  -  www.ebay.co.uk/usr/crafted_chocolate#tab1  -   fresh and exciting flavours. https://www.chocolate-cafe.co.uk/

theperfectgiftco1 - www.ebay.co.uk/str/theperfectgiftco1#tab1 - our user friendly shop is
www.theperfectgiftco.co.uk

Also, making them eBayWintern winners when neither store has ever complied with ebay policy is a complete insult.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi @tobiasd4 

The preloaded comment is just an example and as soon as you start to type your own comment it disappears. 

We have been monitoring the replies and as always we send your feedback to the appropriate teams.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Will your alleged dynamic estimated delivery dates be updating when Royal mail go on Strike?

Hi @ak_craft_crazy ,

We regularly have communications on any impacts to postage deliveries and put these on our postage update board on the community. We have done this previously with situations like the heatwave.

We are currently following up with the shipping team and any future changes to delivery dates or seller protections due to the upcoming royal mail strikes will be announced as soon as there is information available.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi @pre_worn ,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will have this followed up to have the shops reviewed and any necessary action taken.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi Kat - thank you for helping. It's particularly the WRONG RETURN REASONS I'm trying to track down - like I say, we have approx 5 a month (due to the volume of business we do) and it's obvious that the customer doesn't want to pay for the return so fabricates a reason to put the onus on us.  I have Order Numbers and Return ID's that I can share with you (off line) if that would help. Liz

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

@rollssmco wrote:

Hi Kat - thank you for helping. It's particularly the WRONG RETURN REASONS I'm trying to track down - like I say, we have approx 5 a month (due to the volume of business we do) and it's obvious that the customer doesn't want to pay for the return so fabricates a reason to put the onus on us.  I have Order Numbers and Return ID's that I can share with you (off line) if that would help. Liz

Hi @rollssmco ,

That would be great and we can have them reviewed.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Months have gone by and here we are still. Ebay is still trying to deceive customers into thinking they wiull get their items quicker than they actually will, by giving them estimated delivery dates that are just not possible.

We complain to customer services, who do nothing except give out the company scripted lines.

We complain on here in discussion boards, and nothing is done.

We mention it on here, on the wednesday weekly chat and nothing is done.

Today I got a poor feedback rating as an item, which actually arrived on the day it should have, did not arrive on the day ebay told them it would. I have asked ebay, as it was their fault to remove the feedback and no they won't as it does not fall under their criteria to be removed.

So I again ask, when is ebay going to wake up and fix these incorrect delivery dates that every seller on ebay can see does not work? Enough is not enough. This has to be fixed and sellers told that ebay has 'listened to sellers' and are actually going to sort this, once and for all.  

Please tell me this will get actioned?

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

I would be interested in finding these also, as I am told the same thing as the original writer of this point, but no one can ever show me, where these refunds are?  We used to get monthly reports showing what had been done, but since these have stopped, I no longer trust ebay is actually doing anything.  So yes, I would be interested in knowing how I find these as well please

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

@4ponyandrider wrote:

Months have gone by and here we are still. Ebay is still trying to deceive customers into thinking they wiull get their items quicker than they actually will, by giving them estimated delivery dates that are just not possible.

We complain to customer services, who do nothing except give out the company scripted lines.

We complain on here in discussion boards, and nothing is done.

We mention it on here, on the wednesday weekly chat and nothing is done.

Today I got a poor feedback rating as an item, which actually arrived on the day it should have, did not arrive on the day ebay told them it would. I have asked ebay, as it was their fault to remove the feedback and no they won't as it does not fall under their criteria to be removed.

So I again ask, when is ebay going to wake up and fix these incorrect delivery dates that every seller on ebay can see does not work? Enough is not enough. This has to be fixed and sellers told that ebay has 'listened to sellers' and are actually going to sort this, once and for all.  

Please tell me this will get actioned?

Hi @4ponyandrider 

Thanks for reaching out.

There are currently no plans to make any changes to the way EDD is calculated but we will as always send your feedback examples to the shipping team.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

@4ponyandrider wrote:

I would be interested in finding these also, as I am told the same thing as the original writer of this point, but no one can ever show me, where these refunds are?  We used to get monthly reports showing what had been done, but since these have stopped, I no longer trust ebay is actually doing anything.  So yes, I would be interested in knowing how I find these as well please

Hi @4ponyandrider ,

I'll reply back on here once we have reviewed the details from the other member.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

So ebay is happy that is  lying to customers every day and deceiving them, with the incorrect delivery dates you show in listings.  Can I quote you on this?

As I am about to make this more public, as ebay knows about this, has had many examples provided and yet the response is always, it is working as it should.

If it is working as it should, then ebay is knowingly lying to buyers and trying to deceive them

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi @rollssmco,

I have followed up with the payments team on where to locate the credits for the return labels.  They have advised they can be found under all transactions and then selecting " Adjustment"  in the second dropdown. Here it will specify if a credit was for " returns label subsidy". The amount may include more than 1  label.

Hope this helps

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.