Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 10.01.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

Hi

Asked a few weeks ago about old offers sent are still coming through at the offered price, if some one can help that would be good. The listings will not let me revise them as it says offers pending, sent the offers around 3 months ago

374177723211 will be a example

Message 2 of 46
See Most Recent

I fully refunded & relisted an item on the 5th January, an agent said I would receive a refund for my final value fees within 48 hours, I havent & the relisted item is due to end again soon. Im looking for any help pn how to request my final value fee credit its over £40. thank you

Message 3 of 46
See Most Recent

@stron2280 wrote:

I fully refunded & relisted an item on the 5th January, an agent said I would receive a refund for my final value fees within 48 hours, I havent & the relisted item is due to end again soon. Im looking for any help pn how to request my final value fee credit its over £40. thank you

Hi @stron2280,

We can take a look for you. Can you send me over the item number for that refunded sale?

Thanks,

Katie

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

I asked a question (Message 13) in the Weekly Chat on 1/11/23 about eBay Premium Service Benefits disappearing from certain items (all involved in AG Sneakers, I was then asked to start a new thread but the last update I got (telling me there is no update) was 14/12/23. 

Since then I have tried to contact customer services, been promised call backs from managers (they never come) spoke to the Executive Escalation team, who seem to ignore any parts of this when it is asked in an email but will answer others parts of the email. The discount reappeared for approximately 48 hours on the 28/12/23 but now reverted back to no discount and I dont have the funds which I was told would be correctly refunded to me.

I know eBay it is not directly this team but surely since raising a fault waiting over 2 months is not acceptable to have no updates (apart from there is no updates) and now just being ignored?

These are not questions but more complaints hopefully you can pass onto whomever needs to see it;

• Managers failing to call back a customer is becoming a bit of a joke (not a funny one).
  • The reporting AI is broken, again I have proof if you wish to see it but chance listings are banned yet the AI is saying they dont break eBay policy.

Message 5 of 46
See Most Recent

thank you 

05-10889-98384

Message 6 of 46
See Most Recent

Good afternoon and Happy New Year.

Please can you advise when Ebay are going to resolve the estimated delivery times that you are denying are wrong. 

Another example: Buyer purchased item today 10th Jan 2024, on our standard FREE 3 day delivery.  Ebay have now informed the buyer delivery 10th Jan - 11th Jan.

Please can you explain to me how it can arrive 10th & 11th jan, when it was brought on the 10th January. 

I cannot attached proof as it only allows me one attachement.  The buyer thinks it is late and we are open to negative feedback, which we then have to spend time chatting with an ebay representative to ask for removal, then removal refused.  

Can ebay not see what all the sellers are seeing?

What do the sellers have to do to make Ebay see the issue. 

Please kindly provide an address to the higher management team to get this problem addressed and resolved.

There is also an issue with the ebay link that takes the customer to the Couriers direct website.  When you click on the parcel number (I have highlited this in a red arrow) it takes you to the Yodel website and states website down for maintenance.  This is not true, as when I enter Yodel tracking UK the website comes up.

Thank you 

Message 7 of 46
See Most Recent

Double message as I can only ask one per reply.

I tagged a number of the Community Team into a thread titled Business operating as private sellers on 8/1/24 but as of yet nobody has responded, can you just let me know if I have made a mistake tagging like previously or if its just been missed so I know that I can tag correctly now.

Message 8 of 46
See Most Recent

if we have bought an item 15-10884-06068 from a supplier who has put "this seller does not accept returns for this item",but we have found the item to be faulty and not do what it says in the description,where do we stand ?

Message 9 of 46
See Most Recent

@mteconlineshop wrote:

Hi

Asked a few weeks ago about old offers sent are still coming through at the offered price, if some one can help that would be good. The listings will not let me revise them as it says offers pending, sent the offers around 3 months ago

374177723211 will be a example

Hi mteconlineshop, thanks for your question.

Thanks for flagging this with us, could you please send me a screenshot of the error/message you get when you try to revise the listing of the item in question, and  I will look into it for you.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 10 of 46
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Good afternoon and Happy New Year.

Please can you advise when Ebay are going to resolve the estimated delivery times that you are denying are wrong. 

Another example: Buyer purchased item today 10th Jan 2024, on our standard FREE 3 day delivery.  Ebay have now informed the buyer delivery 10th Jan - 11th Jan.

Please can you explain to me how it can arrive 10th & 11th jan, when it was brought on the 10th January. 

I cannot attached proof as it only allows me one attachement.  The buyer thinks it is late and we are open to negative feedback, which we then have to spend time chatting with an ebay representative to ask for removal, then removal refused.  

Can ebay not see what all the sellers are seeing?

What do the sellers have to do to make Ebay see the issue. 

Please kindly provide an address to the higher management team to get this problem addressed and resolved.

There is also an issue with the ebay link that takes the customer to the Couriers direct website.  When you click on the parcel number (I have highlited this in a red arrow) it takes you to the Yodel website and states website down for maintenance.  This is not true, as when I enter Yodel tracking UK the website comes up.

Thank you 

Hi @lincolnshiremarine,

Thank you for your message. I understand you have reach out to us a few times here on the weekly chat in relation to estimated delivery dates. We do not have any further information other than what has already been shared. The estimated delivery dates are working as designed and are dynamic.

If you would like address information, it is available in the introduction section of the User Agreement

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 11 of 46
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Hi,

I asked a question (Message 13) in the Weekly Chat on 1/11/23 about eBay Premium Service Benefits disappearing from certain items (all involved in AG Sneakers, I was then asked to start a new thread but the last update I got (telling me there is no update) was 14/12/23. 

Since then I have tried to contact customer services, been promised call backs from managers (they never come) spoke to the Executive Escalation team, who seem to ignore any parts of this when it is asked in an email but will answer others parts of the email. The discount reappeared for approximately 48 hours on the 28/12/23 but now reverted back to no discount and I dont have the funds which I was told would be correctly refunded to me.

I know eBay it is not directly this team but surely since raising a fault waiting over 2 months is not acceptable to have no updates (apart from there is no updates) and now just being ignored?

These are not questions but more complaints hopefully you can pass onto whomever needs to see it;

• Managers failing to call back a customer is becoming a bit of a joke (not a funny one).
  • The reporting AI is broken, again I have proof if you wish to see it but chance listings are banned yet the AI is saying they dont break eBay policy.

Hi pg_kicks, thanks for your post.

Please note that we wouldn't be able to arrange a call back for you over this channel, we could only assist you with a question you me have. However, thanks for flagging this with us, we will make sure to pass your feedback on. If you have any questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help where possible.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 12 of 46
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Double message as I can only ask one per reply.

I tagged a number of the Community Team into a thread titled Business operating as private sellers on 8/1/24 but as of yet nobody has responded, can you just let me know if I have made a mistake tagging like previously or if its just been missed so I know that I can tag correctly now.

Hi @pg_kicks,

Our teams have provided all information available at this time. Our system picks up accounts that need to be moved to a business account and our team cannot take further action here.

We have been sharing feedback from this threads and others on the same topic in relation to members opinion about this current process.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 13 of 46
See Most Recent

Doesn't really give a error message, just can't revise the listing, sent around 20 offers a while ago and it seems they still keep being sent

Message 14 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi,

Sorry I think you may have missed the question, then just replied to the bit where I said this is not a question.

I have copied and pasted the actual question so hopefully I get an answer to my question now.

Hi,

Message 15 of 46
See Most Recent

Katie@ebay

"The estimated delivery dates are working as designed and are dynamic" 

To be clear if I buy something on a standard delivery on  the 10th of Jan I do not expect it to arrive on the 10th Jan, how can you say this is working.

There is a fault as mentioned regarding the parcel tracking number taking the customer to the couriers website photo attached on first post (I have highlighted this in my 1st post with the red arrow)

It then says the Yodel website is down, it is not, it appears there is a problem ebay ends.

Thanks

Message 16 of 46
See Most Recent

@phanbest wrote:

if we have bought an item 15-10884-06068 from a supplier who has put "this seller does not accept returns for this item",but we have found the item to be faulty and not do what it says in the description,where do we stand ?

Hi phanbest, thanks for your question.

When you see a listing that says "This seller does not accept returns for this item" that's basically for remorse cases. This means that if you changed your mind, and you just want to return the item, you wouldn't be able to return it unless you message the seller and they decide to voluntarily take it back. However, if your item is faulty and it doesn't perform the functions that it is supposed to do, then you are covered under our Money Back Guarante. Basically, you have 30 days to return the item since the day you received it, and the seller will be responsible for the return expenses (You need to open a return under the not as described reason). If you click here, you can see how to start a refund and what you need to do. 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I couldnt see any information regarding what I tagged you (and others) in on that thread? The thread contains brand new information (not discussed previously), thats why I tagged the people but it seems it was either missed or ignored or I didnt tag correctly, thats what my question was tbh.

Message 18 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi,

IS it possible to get the search bar in the message section?

Thanks

Message 19 of 46
See Most Recent

@stron2280 wrote:

thank you 

05-10889-98384

Thanks @stron2280, I've checked this for you and £47.07 was returned to you in fee credits. You'll be able to see this in your recent payments here

All is as it should be here and you shouldn't need to take any further action.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 20 of 46
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.