Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 10.01.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hello All,

Please could the link to the UK Digital Sales Reporting guidance be added to the seller hub announcements for every one to see?

I am sure that you are aware that there is a lot of confusion on the discussion boards with a few mentors trying to help and repeating the information daily.

As this affects every seller, it would make sense that it is sent to all as a lot of people would not know where to find the information.

Just joined the chat so hopefully, after a quick look, I am not duplicating another request.

Hi cobwebcottage, thanks for your post.

Thanks for your feedback, I can see where you are coming from. So, I will definitely pass this on, so this can be taken into consideration. Anything else you would like to suggest, please let us know.

Thank you,

Marco.

I am currently away and will return on the 20th of May. Please expect a delay in my reply

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 41 of 46
See Most Recent

@amanda_12381 wrote:

Hello

Quick question 

IF I requested a cancellation is it possible  and the cancellation hasn't been confirmed, is it possible for me to tell the seller to just send me the item 

P.S the seller said she doesn't know how to cancel and takes a while to reply messages

Hi @amanda_12381,

In this situation, it would be best for you to ask the seller to deny the cancellation and send the item as originally planned. We would be relying on the seller to communicate with you on this and take the next steps for you. 

If there is no cancellation or item by the estimated delivery date, please reach out to our teams and we will support.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 42 of 46
See Most Recent

So in summary she has to deny the cancellation before she can send it to me?

Message 43 of 46
See Most Recent

Katie@ebay 

I would appreciate if someone could look into this please.

"It could be just the yodel site being down, so our side can't pull the data from it.

Please note the Yodel website is NOT down, as already mentioned I can access the customers tracking number and delivery dates (which I may add are correct dates and not your made up ones) when I go on Yodels website directly, but, not via ebay if you click the parcel tracking number under delivery history, this is where the issue is (as shown in the photo provided)

Is there an error on purpose that Ebay have implemented, so customers can not gain access via the ebay website using the Yodel parcel number, so they do not see the true real time delivery dates on the Yodel website.?  As already metnioned and you telling me off for mentioning it several times , the Yodels delivery dates are not correct.

Two orders below for you to look at with the Yodel website problems

Order number: 27-11021-11258

Order number: 02-11037-13723

Ask the IT team to click on those and they will see it says the Yodel site down, then ask the IT team to go directly on Yodel UK tracking website and put the tracking number in, and it will work.

Best wishes

Message 44 of 46
See Most Recent

@amanda_12381 wrote:

So in summary she has to deny the cancellation before she can send it to me?

That would be best for the records, so on their side it shows as an order and on your side it will show as a purchase. This also helps if there are any issues with the item arriving or being as described so our teams can see you got this item and it wasn't cancelled.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 45 of 46
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Katie@ebay 

I would appreciate if someone could look into this please.

"It could be just the yodel site being down, so our side can't pull the data from it.

Please note the Yodel website is NOT down, as already mentioned I can access the customers tracking number and delivery dates (which I may add are correct dates and not your made up ones) when I go on Yodels website directly, but, not via ebay if you click the parcel tracking number under delivery history, this is where the issue is (as shown in the photo provided)

Is there an error on purpose that Ebay have implemented, so customers can not gain access via the ebay website using the Yodel parcel number, so they do not see the true real time delivery dates on the Yodel website.?  As already metnioned and you telling me off for mentioning it several times , the Yodels delivery dates are not correct.

Two orders below for you to look at with the Yodel website problems

Order number: 27-11021-11258

Order number: 02-11037-13723

Ask the IT team to click on those and they will see it says the Yodel site down, then ask the IT team to go directly on Yodel UK tracking website and put the tracking number in, and it will work.

Best wishes

Hi @lincolnshiremarine ,

Thank you for the data. I'm asking these questions and thinking out loud in order to help as best as I can. I appreciate you are frustrated, but I am doing what I can to review this for you. 

Due to the time I will not reply here with a reply as you would not be able to engage with it. Could you open a thread on this topic and tag me so we can chat there? In the meantime, I will review these orders and open a technical issue request if needed. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 46 of 46
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.