💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 07.06.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Hi. I brought a item using a nectar voucher for 2.50 . Off the full price . The item has been refunded as it was lost in transit . How do the nectar points to my card ?

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

@williabaxte7 wrote:

Hi. I brought a item using a nectar voucher for 2.50 . Off the full price . The item has been refunded as it was lost in transit . How do the nectar points to my card ?

Hi @williabaxte7,

As the item has been refunded in full you will receive the voucher you have generated from Nectar points back to your eBay account. It may already be there and will appear in the same place as the original voucher on your account.

The voucher expiry date will be extended by 30 days if the original voucher expiration date is less than 30 days from the date the return is processed. Otherwise, the expiry date will be the same date that was displayed on the original voucher.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello, I ordered an item from the USA on 3 May but it still has not arrived. I have been tracking the item and it seems to have arrived in the UK but has been stuck in "Customs Cleared" status since 10 May. Do you know this is? Is there anything I can do?

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi,

I would appreciate some clarification on the policy mentioned below. It may seem like a minor detail, but I would like to ensure clear understanding.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345

What if something happens that is outside of my control?

We will protect you by removing negative and neutral Feedback and defects when things happen that are outside your control.

If a courier declares that an order is lost after it has been in transit within their delivery network, and the tracking has stopped without any further updates, can we consider this situation as something outside of our control for the removal of feedback?

Obviously, the buyer would be refunded at this point.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

@kazuya1441 wrote:

Hello, I ordered an item from the USA on 3 May but it still has not arrived. I have been tracking the item and it seems to have arrived in the UK but has been stuck in "Customs Cleared" status since 10 May. Do you know this is? Is there anything I can do?

Hi @kazuya1441 ,

Items can take longer to be delivered coming from the USA and going through the customs process. Once its is past the estimated delivery date you should have the option on the order to open up a case that you didn't receive the item.  You can do this be clicking on the more actions drop down and selecting " I didn't receive it"

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

I have just been reading on the discussion boards about a seller who made a listing purely to name and shame a buyer - full name and address details. (I see kat@ebay is on the case!). 

Recently there was a seller bought to the attention of the boards who was leaving follow-up feedback to all his negs giving out the buyer's full name & address details, again, once bought to the boards the community staff acted on it, and they were removed.

I see my 'favourite' seller (non-business reg, illegal photocopies, digital delivery, claiming money goes to charity without the ribbon) has recently started to put buyer's ID in responses to negs - but there is no way to report this.

Maybe ebay need to make some form of reporting avilable on feedback? Us regulars know what to do if someone puts our personal details into feedback, but many wouldn't, so it stays, and the seller carries on doing it.

Also, bringing these things to the boards, whilst bringing results,  can give others ideas on how to name and shame 😞

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

@pre_worn wrote:

Hi,

I would appreciate some clarification on the policy mentioned below. It may seem like a minor detail, but I would like to ensure clear understanding.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345

What if something happens that is outside of my control?

We will protect you by removing negative and neutral Feedback and defects when things happen that are outside your control.

If a courier declares that an order is lost after it has been in transit within their delivery network, and the tracking has stopped without any further updates, can we consider this situation as something outside of our control for the removal of feedback?

Hi @pre_worn,

Thank you for your question, I understand why you would like some clarity.

In order to be transparent I do want to stress that feedback appeal is taken on a case by case basis by our teams. In a situation like this one you may need to speak to customer support as automated systems may not be able to pick up on something out of your control.

The main things we see this policy coming into play for could be the item didn't arrive because of a storm or weather issues, the item didn't arrive at the fault of the buyer for example them not being home.

In the case of an item being lost this would depend on the other points for example what does the feedback say. If the member is simply unhappy with their experience it would not be removable, if the item is lost at the fault of the courier and that is what the feedback is about we would need to be able to independently see (with a tracking scan) that the item was sent on time. The agent would then be in a situation to make a decision.

I know you've asked me for clarity and I hope this goes some way to do that. It is a case by case and the agent makes a decision based on the information they have available to them.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello, when printing the invoice/packing slip the buyer registration address is printed as well as the post to address.  I do not understand why the buyer registration address is relevant and there does not seem to be any way of removing it.  This causes issues when, for example the buyer is sending the item as a gift and sending it direct to the recipient's address.

Please could the registration address be removed as it serves no useful purpose and in some cirumstances would be a breach of data protection laws as the buyers personal details would be included in a packing slip potentially sent to a third party recipient.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Has payment for best offer finally been implemented as when I accept a best offer I can no longer send a invoice to the buyer asking for payment? 

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

@babybitz08 wrote:

Hello, when printing the invoice/packing slip the buyer registration address is printed as well as the post to address.  I do not understand why the buyer registration address is relevant and there does not seem to be any way of removing it.  This causes issues when, for example the buyer is sending the item as a gift and sending it direct to the recipient's address.

Please could the registration address be removed as it serves no useful purpose and in some cirumstances would be a breach of data protection laws as the buyers personal details would be included in a packing slip potentially sent to a third party recipient.

Hi there,

Thank you, at this time there is no option to remove this from the invoice. This information is provided by the buyer at the time of purchasing and is allowed to be shared with the seller.

In terms of sending to a third party, the buyer decides the shipping address from their side and would agree for all information with this item to be included. We do not have a send as a gift option available.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your response.

How about the example below?

"The item didn’t arrive. They said the item tried to be delivered but that wasn’t true. Luckily I didn’t pay out a lot of money for something that didn’t arrive"

Please be aware though, the courier did not actually attempt delivery as stated.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

@pre_worn wrote:

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your response.

How about the example below?

"The item didn’t arrive. They said the item tried to be delivered but that wasn’t true. Luckily I didn’t pay out a lot of money for something that didn’t arrive"

Please be aware though, the courier did not actually attempt delivery as stated.

Thank you for your reply.

It would depend on the situation as a whole and I would not be able to comment without discussing the case in detail. We would need an agent to review tracking, messaging and the purchase itself. As we are unable to discuss cases publicly here on the boards I recommend speaking to our teams via this help page.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

I have just been reading on the discussion boards about a seller who made a listing purely to name and shame a buyer - full name and address details. (I see kat@ebay is on the case!). 

Recently there was a seller bought to the attention of the boards who was leaving follow-up feedback to all his negs giving out the buyer's full name & address details, again, once bought to the boards the community staff acted on it, and they were removed.

I see my 'favourite' seller (non-business reg, illegal photocopies, digital delivery, claiming money goes to charity without the ribbon) has recently started to put buyer's ID in responses to negs - but there is no way to report this.

Maybe ebay need to make some form of reporting avilable on feedback? Us regulars know what to do if someone puts our personal details into feedback, but many wouldn't, so it stays, and the seller carries on doing it.

Also, bringing these things to the boards, whilst bringing results,  can give others ideas on how to name and shame 😞

Hi @kempseykate ,

This is a fair point you are making in regards to reporting on feedback due to the previous situations you have mentioned.  While we cannot guarantee change I will share the insight with the relevant team in eBay.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

@returns_andexdisplay wrote:

Has payment for best offer finally been implemented as when I accept a best offer I can no longer send a invoice to the buyer asking for payment? 

Hi @returns_andexdisplay,

It is being implemented but currently its available for select buyers. So you might have a different experience for different buyers. 

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.