đź’¬Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 05.10.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. Please refrain from opening discussions here, any posts without questions may be removed.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Hi Kat, yes the message threads have your name in blue there: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Payments/Unable-to-add-Bank-Account-details/td-p/7197412/page/2

I have spoken with many of the ebay support team over the last 2-3 weeks and not one has told me that this site registration part needs to be done by Ebay.  It was my feeling that this was the underlying issue and I did ask for my account to be moved to the UK, but I was informed it was not possible?  

Message 21 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi Katie

Thanks for the reply.

What is needed is a report that shows IOSS monthly total nett sales and the monthly total of VAT collected & paid by eBay.

Currently this report is not available. 

The closest report only shows amounts individually.

Hope this explains.

Regards

Paul

Message 22 of 43
See Most Recent

@kimbub16 wrote:

Hy guys  sold  a item 17th sep buyer payed funds made available same day never received  funds in my account  been on holiday so was hoping  it was just a glitch can someone please advise how I proceed thanks

Hi @kimbub16 ,

Can you provide the item number so I can look into it for you.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 23 of 43
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Please can the EAN issue on the new listing form be looked at again. It is still impossible to enter and save "Does not apply" for the EAN or ISBN fields in listing templates. This may well be how it is intended to work but please can you flag this to be reconsidered as it just isn't practical.

There are very good reasons why some sellers will ALWAYS need to have "Does not apply" for the EAN or ISBN. Take the records category where EAN is a required field. Half the records ever issued do not have an EAN. Likewise books and the ISBN. Sellers of older used items like this will never have an EAN to enter however many items they list. It wastes so much time having to enter it over and over again for every listing. Please fix the templates so that "Does not apply" can be saved. (Revising a template using the old listing form does allow it to be saved and always has but this option will soon be removed.)

In addition, some sellers are reporting that they can't enter "Does not apply" on the listing form. I haven't had this problem in the media categories but there's clearly an issue for some sellers: EAN's - Another 5th October New Listing Tool Threa... - UK eBay Community

Hi @rainbowtrax,

Appreciate the feedback on this. I'm sure you've seen there is a lot of feedback on the new tool across the community at the moment.

I'll touch base with them on this topic and will interact on the board you have mentioned when I know more.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 24 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi, I thought I'd try Promoting a few listings yesterday and chose just 3 items to start off with.

When I looked under the Marketing tab, I couldn't see a summary of the 3 items that I'd Promoted.

Is there a place to access a summary of Promoted Listings?

(I've 'unpromoted' them at the moment by updating each individual listing.)

Thanks.

Message 25 of 43
See Most Recent

Item  number  275457118480 sold on 17sept ÂŁ44

Message 26 of 43
See Most Recent

Hello,

I sold an item on ebay. Ebay asks me to add a bank account to my ebay account to be able to receive the money. When I try to add a bank it gives an error " We couldn't verify this bank account"

The bank account I am trying to add is on my name, have been using it for years, direct debit enabled. This bank (NatWest) is one of the banks that I can see in "How to add a bank account" video so I assume there is nothing wrong with the account.

When I tried to chat with Helpdesk (2 times, 20 mins each) they weren't able to do anything apart from repeating themselves and telling me to add a new bank account. It is very frustrating. They weren't able to provide informations about why the account is not good enough for ebay. I don't wish to open a new bank account without knowing why I am rejected.

My account is old (19 years old), it was registered on ebay.com. I don't know if the problem is related to my account itself. Without proper information why the bank account is rejected I am not able to do much. I live in UK now, I am providing a UK high street bank account which is rejected repeatedly without much explanation.

I had a similar experience @alyood10 (message 3 and 4) had, frustrated by the process and even more frustrated by the inability of helpdesk. I spent more then necessary time with the helpdesk, I had to go to the bank to check if everything is alright.

Could you please tell me why I cannot add a NatWest account to my ebay account?

Thank you.

Message 27 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi @alyood10 ,

I'm going to take this offline and check into the site registration on your eBay account. I will need to link into the payments team for this and will come back to you.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 28 of 43
See Most Recent

SOLVED! Many thanks for your help.

Message 29 of 43
See Most Recent

@elcon_europe_ltd wrote:

Hi Katie

Thanks for the reply.

What is needed is a report that shows IOSS monthly total nett sales and the monthly total of VAT collected & paid by eBay.

Currently this report is not available. 

The closest report only shows amounts individually.

Hope this explains.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I don't know off the top of my head so leave this one with me and I'll get back to you after the chat has finished.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 30 of 43
See Most Recent

When will ebay be tackling the issue of private sellers clearly running a business on the site. I like many others are fed up with the ease in which they get away with it by not offering returns or contact information which under distance selling regulations they are required to. Not only that ebay continue to give them 1000 free listings a month, offers of lower final value fees. 

Trading is tough at the minute and if ebay really want to support small business like they keep claiming, then maybe it is time to tackle the problem of give private accounts that clearly run a business a free ride. I have lost over ÂŁ400 in sales due to returns this week when many competitors would be able to of refused the buyer remorse returns. 

No matter how many times some are reported nothing gets done about the same sellers which are still on the site or still not showing any distance selling regulations. 

All to often I hear the same lines to keep reporting them and we can't share information about other peoples accounts. ebay don't need to share anything as we can still see they are trading as a private account or transfered over to a business account. 

Message 31 of 43
See Most Recent

katie@ebay wrote:

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Please can the EAN issue on the new listing form be looked at again. It is still impossible to enter and save "Does not apply" for the EAN or ISBN fields in listing templates. This may well be how it is intended to work but please can you flag this to be reconsidered as it just isn't practical.

There are very good reasons why some sellers will ALWAYS need to have "Does not apply" for the EAN or ISBN. Take the records category where EAN is a required field. Half the records ever issued do not have an EAN. Likewise books and the ISBN. Sellers of older used items like this will never have an EAN to enter however many items they list. It wastes so much time having to enter it over and over again for every listing. Please fix the templates so that "Does not apply" can be saved. (Revising a template using the old listing form does allow it to be saved and always has but this option will soon be removed.)

In addition, some sellers are reporting that they can't enter "Does not apply" on the listing form. I haven't had this problem in the media categories but there's clearly an issue for some sellers: EAN's - Another 5th October New Listing Tool Threa... - UK eBay Community

Hi @rainbowtrax,

Appreciate the feedback on this. I'm sure you've seen there is a lot of feedback on the new tool across the community at the moment.

I'll touch base with them on this topic and will interact on the board you have mentioned when I know more.

Thanks,

Katie 

Thanks Katie.

Following on from this, a lot of the complaints are that the new listing tool takes longer. Could I also request that to help speed up the listing process that the number of saved templates allowed be increased from 50 as many of us could easily use more than that when regularly listing a few types of items at a few different weight bands.

Also that the saved inserts for the listing description be increased from 10 (this is the bit that ebay now call "custom templates" which are in a dropdown immediately above the description box). They used to be called inserts but at some point ebay renamed them which is rather confusing as we also have listing templates. Maybe they could look at changing the name back to inserts as I think a lot of sellers don't realise they're there or how to make the best use of them to save time when listing.

Message 32 of 43
See Most Recent

@lordlothartr wrote:

Hello,

I sold an item on ebay. Ebay asks me to add a bank account to my ebay account to be able to receive the money. When I try to add a bank it gives an error " We couldn't verify this bank account"

The bank account I am trying to add is on my name, have been using it for years, direct debit enabled. This bank (NatWest) is one of the banks that I can see in "How to add a bank account" video so I assume there is nothing wrong with the account.

When I tried to chat with Helpdesk (2 times, 20 mins each) they weren't able to do anything apart from repeating themselves and telling me to add a new bank account. It is very frustrating. They weren't able to provide informations about why the account is not good enough for ebay. I don't wish to open a new bank account without knowing why I am rejected.

My account is old (19 years old), it was registered on ebay.com. I don't know if the problem is related to my account itself. Without proper information why the bank account is rejected I am not able to do much. I live in UK now, I am providing a UK high street bank account which is rejected repeatedly without much explanation.

I had a similar experience @alyood10 (message 3 and 4) had, frustrated by the process and even more frustrated by the inability of helpdesk. I spent more then necessary time with the helpdesk, I had to go to the bank to check if everything is alright.

Could you please tell me why I cannot add a NatWest account to my ebay account?

Thank you.

Hi @lordlothartr,

Thank you for your question. 

I've looked into it and your situation is indeed similar to others in this chat.

Your account's registered site is ebay.com (US). As you have a registration address in the UK now we would ask for you to reach out to customer support via the help pages and request for your registered site to be changed to ebay.co.uk. We are unable to take these actions for you here on the community.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 33 of 43
See Most Recent

@milly*fiory wrote:

Hi, I thought I'd try Promoting a few listings yesterday and chose just 3 items to start off with.

When I looked under the Marketing tab, I couldn't see a summary of the 3 items that I'd Promoted.

Is there a place to access a summary of Promoted Listings?

(I've 'unpromoted' them at the moment by updating each individual listing.)

Thanks.

Hi @milly*fiory ,

Once your logged into your account click on the link here.It should bring you to the all your promoted listings campaign information. If you go to your seller hub, marketing tab and select dashboard. Its down at the very end.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 34 of 43
See Most Recent

Silly question  where do you view the reply

Message 35 of 43
See Most Recent

Re: Selling to Germany using the Global Shipping Programme.

When the German Packaging Regulations were tightened up in the summer, eBay said that the GSP wouldn't accept sales to Germany  unless the seller was either a private seller, or had entered their registration number.

But there have been a few threads recently where business sellers have had items for Germany accepted by the GSP, even though the sellers have no packaging registration number.

Is this a change of the law/rules/procedures, or just a few glitches in the system?  If the seller's registration number is no longer necessary, it would be nice to know because it gives an option to sell to Germany.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 36 of 43
See Most Recent

@kimbub16 wrote:

Silly question  where do you view the reply

Hi @kimbub16 ,

It does look like the funds were transferred in a payout. If you go to your payments tab and then select payouts. Here look for the payout for the 21st of September and it should show the transaction for the 17th of September was included. You can give this payout reference to your bank to follow up the payment if you need to.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 37 of 43
See Most Recent

Item number 275457118480

Message 38 of 43
See Most Recent

Many people still abusing the variation system in the video games  category by offering choice in the listing.

This issue is running for years now.

Unfair competition and a lot of fees avoided.

Message 39 of 43
See Most Recent

Think that's another payment 

Message 40 of 43
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.