đź’¬Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 05.10.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. Please refrain from opening discussions here, any posts without questions may be removed.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Hi guys.

There have been several threads on the discussion boards recently, with people complaining that despite blocking certain buyers, and blocking messages, these buyers are still getting messages through.

Notably, this current thread:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Buyer-suspected-scammer/m-p/7297209#M617430

but if you want a precis of the problem, this:

“I checked my messages, and within ONE DAY the buyer sent me 52 emails“

Might I suggest a possible solution please? On the messages page, there ought to be another button, on every message, along side the existing "Delete, Archive, Move To" ones, simply saying "Block this Sender", which actually does block that sender... completely.

Maybe you could send this suggestion up to the powers that be, and help a lot of rather harassed people?

Thanks,

Steve.

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 2 of 43
See Most Recent

I am currently one of a number of Ebay UK users with existing accounts that are unable to add their UK bank account.  I recently sold some items and cannot receive the funds to my bank account, I get an error message every time.

I, as have many of the users with the same issue that I have, have followed all steps suggested by the support team.   This includes trying different bank accounts, checking all details are exact, waiting 48 hours, etc, etc. None of them work. 

The common thread for all users with this problem, is that at some time they were registered on Ebay US, have now sold items on Ebay UK, and the add bank account process seems to follow a US user “journey” as opposed to a typical UK one (i.e. the micropayments interface).  I’ve also noticed that the Location on Ebay says I am in the United States. I can no longer change this to United Kingdom.  It is my opinion that the backend therefore thinks I’m a user of Ebay USA and tries to validate my UK bank account against a US system… so fails every time.

I have verified this is an issue by creating a brand new Ebay UK account with the same bank account and details, this works no problem.

Question for you kat@ebay as your name has been tagged on a couple of threads but you’ve not replied, what is going to be done to go and investigate and hopefully solve this issue? 

Message 3 of 43
See Most Recent

I would like to know what measures are in place to improve the Ebay UK Support. It seems that every time I am connected to a member of your offshore support, I receive responses in poor or broken English, or very often I noticed that the support person will exit the chat if they can’t solve the issue.

Also the responses provided are 95% of the time wrong or inadequate.

What quality control is in place, who is responsible for leading the and improving the process?  

Message 4 of 43
See Most Recent

I wish to relist an unsold Auction item as a Buy it Now. The new form only shows Auction and I can see no means of changing it

Message 5 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi Team

Any news on an available finance report that deals specifically with IOSS VAT yet please?

End-of-year financial reporting is virtually impossible without this report 🤬

Cheers

Paul

Message 6 of 43
See Most Recent

New Listing Tool

I assume that you guys do actually read the discussion boards, and will therefore be fully aware of the constant streams of vitriol regarding the New Listing Tool?

I have no intention of going into its specific faults here, as these are fully covered in the many, many post in the discussion boards, but given the total dissatisfaction with it, and the fact that I have yet to see one single person comment favourably about it, can I ask what plans eBay have to resolve this?

It does seem that eBay are shooting themselves in the foot (yet again) over this, and the silence from eBay, in response to such widespread critisism and dissatisfaction, from the people that pay eBay's wages, i.e. the sellers, is deafening.

TIA

Steve

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 7 of 43
See Most Recent

@hill-walker wrote:

Hi guys.

There have been several threads on the discussion boards recently, with people complaining that despite blocking certain buyers, and blocking messages, these buyers are still getting messages through.

Notably, this current thread:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Buyer-suspected-scammer/m-p/7297209#M617430

but if you want a precis of the problem, this:

“I checked my messages, and within ONE DAY the buyer sent me 52 emails“

Might I suggest a possible solution please? On the messages page, there ought to be another button, on every message, along side the existing "Delete, Archive, Move To" ones, simply saying "Block this Sender", which actually does block that sender... completely.

Maybe you could send this suggestion up to the powers that be, and help a lot of rather harassed people?

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi @hill-walker ,

We appreciate your suggestion on this issue and I will forward that as feedback. I'll also have the situation in that thread reviewed for the 52 emails as that does seem abit much. I know if there is  a current thread between sellers and buyers and a buyer is blocked afterwards the buyer can still message on the current thread.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 8 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi . When trying to add details In the description box of anew listing . And then click on the button to list . When checking on the live listing the description box is empty . Is this a glitch or is there away around it . 

Message 9 of 43
See Most Recent

Thanks Kat - appreciated, as always 🙂

Message 10 of 43
See Most Recent

@alyood10 wrote:

I would like to know what measures are in place to improve the Ebay UK Support. It seems that every time I am connected to a member of your offshore support, I receive responses in poor or broken English, or very often I noticed that the support person will exit the chat if they can’t solve the issue.

Also the responses provided are 95% of the time wrong or inadequate.

What quality control is in place, who is responsible for leading the and improving the process?  

Hi @alyood10

Calls and chats with any customer support team are monitored and we do have quality control teams in place to review contacts. They also review surveys done by our members. 

We are a global company with teams in multiple locations and the system via the help pages sends a member to the next available eBay staff member who can help with a question.

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 11 of 43
See Most Recent

Hy guys  sold  a item 17th sep buyer payed funds made available same day never received  funds in my account  been on holiday so was hoping  it was just a glitch can someone please advise how I proceed thanks

Message 12 of 43
See Most Recent

@flowery0_0 wrote:

I wish to relist an unsold Auction item as a Buy it Now. The new form only shows Auction and I can see no means of changing it

Hi there,

It may be best to select sell similar instead of relist so you can change the selling format.

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 13 of 43
See Most Recent

Please can the EAN issue on the new listing form be looked at again. It is still impossible to enter and save "Does not apply" for the EAN or ISBN fields in listing templates. This may well be how it is intended to work but please can you flag this to be reconsidered as it just isn't practical.

There are very good reasons why some sellers will ALWAYS need to have "Does not apply" for the EAN or ISBN. Take the records category where EAN is a required field. Half the records ever issued do not have an EAN. Likewise books and the ISBN. Sellers of older used items like this will never have an EAN to enter however many items they list. It wastes so much time having to enter it over and over again for every listing. Please fix the templates so that "Does not apply" can be saved. (Revising a template using the old listing form does allow it to be saved and always has but this option will soon be removed.)

In addition, some sellers are reporting that they can't enter "Does not apply" on the listing form. I haven't had this problem in the media categories but there's clearly an issue for some sellers: EAN's - Another 5th October New Listing Tool Threa... - UK eBay Community

Message 14 of 43
See Most Recent

@elcon_europe_ltd wrote:

Hi Team

Any news on an available finance report that deals specifically with IOSS VAT yet please?

End-of-year financial reporting is virtually impossible without this report 🤬

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've looked into this and it explains for sellers where eBay collects EU VAT on the transaction under OSS or IOSS rules, eBay will issue sellers with either a transaction document (imports) or a self-billing invoice (valid VAT registration number on file, with goods sold from within the EU) as appropriate.
This document will show details of the transaction for which eBay has taken on VAT responsibility, and can be used for the seller's own records as evidence that eBay has collected VAT.

Is this sufficient documentation or is there more information needed?

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 15 of 43
See Most Recent

@alyood10 wrote:

I am currently one of a number of Ebay UK users with existing accounts that are unable to add their UK bank account.  I recently sold some items and cannot receive the funds to my bank account, I get an error message every time.

I, as have many of the users with the same issue that I have, have followed all steps suggested by the support team.   This includes trying different bank accounts, checking all details are exact, waiting 48 hours, etc, etc. None of them work. 

The common thread for all users with this problem, is that at some time they were registered on Ebay US, have now sold items on Ebay UK, and the add bank account process seems to follow a US user “journey” as opposed to a typical UK one (i.e. the micropayments interface).  I’ve also noticed that the Location on Ebay says I am in the United States. I can no longer change this to United Kingdom.  It is my opinion that the backend therefore thinks I’m a user of Ebay USA and tries to validate my UK bank account against a US system… so fails every time.

I have verified this is an issue by creating a brand new Ebay UK account with the same bank account and details, this works no problem.

Question for you kat@ebay as your name has been tagged on a couple of threads but you’ve not replied, what is going to be done to go and investigate and hopefully solve this issue? 

Hi @alyood10 ,

I'm sorry to have missed any message but to tag me on threads it needs to be the @ symbol first followed by my name and it then should show in blue.

For those experiencing this issue with not being able to add bank accounts it is due to the the site registration on your account being the US. If you have already updated your account registration address to the UK then the site registration part needs to be done by eBay. If this is not changed it will continue to cause the payments issue.  Have you been in contact with customer support to request to have your site registration changed to the UK.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 16 of 43
See Most Recent

@flowery0_0 

If you look to the right of the Pricing section, you will see 'Edit all options', click this and you will be able to change from auction to BIN - or vice versa.

Auction BIN.jpg

Message 17 of 43
See Most Recent

@williabaxte7 wrote:

Hi . When trying to add details In the description box of anew listing . And then click on the button to list . When checking on the live listing the description box is empty . Is this a glitch or is there away around it . 

Hi @williabaxte7,

We haven't seen any other reports of this issue. Are you listing on the desktop or mobile site?

Please send us more details of the device and browser you are using.

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 18 of 43
See Most Recent

Same here, except my location is correctly set as the UK. I changed this back from the USA on my return to England in 2020.

My bank account is 100% fine. In fact, everything is 100% fine—I have checked thoroughly several times—except I get an error message after entering my bank details. I have tried several times over the past few weeks and meticulously done everything support directs me to. 

eBay now has a couple hundred quid of mine that cannot be paid to me because of this error. 
There is a forum thread here:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Payments/Unable-to-add-Bank-Account-details/m-p/7297938#M9865

Many entries have the same circumstances. It is an eBay glitch and there's no two ways about it. 
Please fix it. 🙏🏻 

Message 19 of 43
See Most Recent

@hill-walker wrote:

New Listing Tool

I assume that you guys do actually read the discussion boards, and will therefore be fully aware of the constant streams of vitriol regarding the New Listing Tool?

I have no intention of going into its specific faults here, as these are fully covered in the many, many post in the discussion boards, but given the total dissatisfaction with it, and the fact that I have yet to see one single person comment favourably about it, can I ask what plans eBay have to resolve this?

It does seem that eBay are shooting themselves in the foot (yet again) over this, and the silence from eBay, in response to such widespread critisism and dissatisfaction, from the people that pay eBay's wages, i.e. the sellers, is deafening.

TIA

Steve

Hi @hill-walker ,

Yes we are continually monitoring the threads regarding the new listing tool. This week with the increase in the number of members moved to the new tool it has increased the volume of feedback on it. We have been providing this back to the relevant team and are continuing to do.  There is no plans to revert back right now.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 20 of 43
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.