💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 05.07.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Hi,

I am going on holiday and have TimeAway set (continue sales) with a vacation note set in eBay messages. I have a return (mistakenly ordered item) due to arrive after I begin my Time Away, does eBay delay all subsequent transactions until my return date ? Or will eBay insist I issue the refund even though i'm away and therefore can't verify its condition when it arrives?

Are ALL eBay transactions automatically delayed until Time Away ends ?

Thanks J

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

The new eBay page layout view is making photos darker and misrepresenting listings. The photos below show the image as seen on the listing (left) and on the right is the original overlayed. Last image is 8-bit grayscale uploaded to a listing and compared to the inset (smaller bottom right bar); brightness values above 240 are cropped. No editing was done on the eBay photo editor.

This visual feature/effect is detrimental to color accuracy and likely to result in item-not-as-described claims.

This error occurs in Windows Chrome, EDGE and Android Chrome listings.

Image2.pngpscomp.pngImage33.png

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

Help needed. where do I ask a question please?

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

Good afternoon.

In my Seller Overview, Promotional Offers section this month, there are two identically-titled sections , one says:

Featured Shop Monthly Auction Allowance

Recurring Monthly Auction Allowance

Start:1 Jul 2023 at 12:00am BST
End:End:1 Aug 2023 at 12:00am BST
Used/Left:4 / 596
ebay.co.uk

The other says:

Used/Left:0 / 300
ebay.co.uk

Does this mean I get 300, 600 or 900 "free" auction listings in this month's allowance, please?  

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

@gomimart wrote:

The new eBay page layout view is making photos darker and misrepresenting listings. The photos below show the image as seen on the listing (left) and on the right is the original overlayed. Last image is 8-bit grayscale uploaded to a listing and compared to the inset (smaller bottom right bar); brightness values above 240 are cropped. No editing was done on the eBay photo editor.

This visual feature/effect is detrimental to color accuracy and likely to result in item-not-as-described claims.

This error occurs in Windows Chrome, EDGE and Android Chrome listings.

Image2.pngpscomp.pngImage33.png

Hi @gomimart,

Thank you for sharing the examples. It's very helpful to see the comparisons.

There is nothing on our side or your account settings that can change the image in this way. Images can look different depending on the screen the member is using.

I will send these examples on to the team that creates the listing page and the photo upload feature. I will share your feedback and the impact you have seen.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

@goods_delivered wrote:

Hi,

I am going on holiday and have TimeAway set (continue sales) with a vacation note set in eBay messages. I have a return (mistakenly ordered item) due to arrive after I begin my Time Away, does eBay delay all subsequent transactions until my return date ? Or will eBay insist I issue the refund even though i'm away and therefore can't verify its condition when it arrives?

Are ALL eBay transactions automatically delayed until Time Away ends ?

Thanks J

Hi @goods_delivered ,

The timeframes remain the same with cases.  The return case will have the normal timeframe so if the item is received back while you are away the refund will still need to be processed.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

@shrayandwimmo wrote:

Help needed. where do I ask a question please?

Hi @shrayandwimmo ,

You can just post your question here the same way you have just posted.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

how doyou remove the google add from the eBay main page ?. Same adds over and over .drive me up the wall. What is the point ,,,,

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

So. A buyer has canceled a purchase of which the fees were £96.30. I am happy to refund the buyer in full as long as I am not charged the fees by ebay. Do you know if the fees will have to be paid by me?

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

Right click on any listed ebay image (for new page layouts); open it in a new window, and it will have the correct brightness values; regardless of the screen a member is using.

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

@gomimart wrote:

Right click on any listed ebay image (for new page layouts); open it in a new window, and it will have the correct brightness values; regardless of the screen a member is using.

Thank you, I'll add that to the feedback I'm sending over.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

@shrayandwimmo wrote:

So. A buyer has canceled a purchase of which the fees were £96.30. I am happy to refund the buyer in full as long as I am not charged the fees by ebay. Do you know if the fees will have to be paid by me?

Hi @shrayandwimmo ,

Once you cancel the transaction through your eBay account the fees will be credited back to you.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

@williabaxte7 wrote:

how doyou remove the google add from the eBay main page ?. Same adds over and over .drive me up the wall. What is the point ,,,,

Hi @williabaxte7 

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the ads, they are built into the site.  They should cycle through different ads related to searches you have made.

Clearing your browser cache and cookies might help it refresh but there is no way to hide them.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

Hello

I would hope you guys a proactively reading the messages boards.

Why is ebay so dead? it's not the economic situation as most people are seeing there sales stay the same on other platforms.

I had 3 consecutive days last week with zero sales.Ì€ Now call me a cynic, but then suddenly I got a flurry of sales in, just enough to cover the ebay subsciption for the month on the exact day the payment was being taken.

There is definitely something going on and I wonder how long it will be before ebay can admit there is something broken somewhere?

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

So Where is the "cancel "option on my account please? I have seen the "refund "option on the drop down on the sold page but guessing this isnt the same as cancelling?

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

@bravergrace wrote:

Good afternoon.

In my Seller Overview, Promotional Offers section this month, there are two identically-titled sections , one says:

Used/Left:4 / 596
ebay.co.uk

The other says:

Used/Left:0 / 300
ebay.co.uk

Does this mean I get 300, 600 or 900 "free" auction listings in this month's allowance, please?  

Hi @bravergrace,

This looks to be a promotion. I'm looking into it to get confirmation of this.

Hopefully I can get back to before 3pm but if not I will reply on the other thread on this.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

@shrayandwimmo wrote:

So Where is the "cancel "option on my account please? I have seen the "refund "option on the drop down on the sold page but guessing this isnt the same as cancelling?

Hi @shrayandwimmo ,

Yes this is the option. When you click on the send refund option you will be presented with a page and there will be a drop down at the top to the select the reason for refund where if the buyer wants to cancel there is the option for that.  Then fill out the rest of the details to complete the refund.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

@lord_and_lady_m wrote:

Hello

I would hope you guys a proactively reading the messages boards.

Why is ebay so dead? it's not the economic situation as most people are seeing there sales stay the same on other platforms.

I had 3 consecutive days last week with zero sales.Ì€ Now call me a cynic, but then suddenly I got a flurry of sales in, just enough to cover the ebay subsciption for the month on the exact day the payment was being taken.

There is definitely something going on and I wonder how long it will be before ebay can admit there is something broken somewhere?

Hi @lord_and_lady_m ,

We have been reading the posts in the different forums and have been reaching out to the relevant teams to make them aware of these reports. We have also been looking into any issues that may be causing a widespread drop in sales. While there are tech issues on site there is nothing that would be causing an account wide drop in sales. 

We don't block or unblock items in any way unless they breach a policy for example. We definitely wouldn't be allowing enough sales to cover the cost of subscriptions and then blocking items again. 

We will continue monitoring these threads and we will of course update them if we find any bugs that could be causing issues for sellers.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

Thank you. There's an awful lot of us in difficult positions right now. I do think ebay really needs to be proactive sooner rather than later. Every day i'm reading of people shutting down on ebay after over a decade or two. It's definitely doom and gloom and you can understand why we would then look at things happening and think something is going on.

Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.