search filters disappeared again

I opened ebay this morning on Chrome and the bar that contains the search filters has disappeared again. This happened last year and was resolved after enough people reported it so is anyone else seeing this?

Its seems to be different to last year beasue even if I log out and open a new window the filter bar is still missing in action where it would come back until I logged in last time.

I've cleared my cache and removed the ebay specific cookies but still no filters. Without them ebay is pretty much useless to me so this is more than a little annoying.

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Yep,  many are experiencing this,  you are not alone.

It's a technical error we are told eBay are aware of, working on the issue , but no fix date yet announced.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

yes same here, i only want to see items in the uk so hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Same problem. As it buyer it renders ebay totally useless to me. Its hard to believe they can get it so wrong so often.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Do the sellers still have to pay the same fees to list in an inferior format to what ebay attempts to provide?

As frequently  observed on the boards sales are generally down, seems unfair ebay reap their same percentage for their own short comings.

Fit for purpose?

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

I've also been experiencing the same problem for at least a week now.  Either eBay have been introducing further "site improvments" or something's wrong with the site and they still haven't managed to figure out what it is.

Whatever the real cause of the problem, I doubt if eBay will fix it anytime soon.  eBay certainly seem to be very good at breaking things with "site improvements" and ensuring that certain features no longer work as they should, but they appear to be practically incapable of actually improving the site and/or resolving problems when something goes wrong.

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Me too. Unable to use ebay for browsing to buy until this is fixed.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Are you searching with keywords or just browsing a category? If the latter, try searching using the category name as your keywords.

What browsers have you tried?

Any difference if you temporarily disable your add-ons?

Are you able to use the filters on the Advanced Search page?

I still see filters when searching on ebay.co.uk using Firefox.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

It's if I search in a particular category rather than a keyword search, so if I navigate to a particular category eg,

ebay / Media / Music / CDs

I would normally browse by setting the filters in that category to UK only, New only and ending soonest and this I can no longer do as all the filters are missing on the page, there are just two grey lines on the page where the filter selections should be. A variation on this is how I and I suspect many many others browse ebay when not looking for a very specific item

This is the same for any category I try but if I put in a keyword search say for a particular artist the filters then appear, but as I want to browse all the items in the chosen category within my filter range putting in a keyword will restrict what I want to see. This is the same for putting the catergory name in as a search at the home page as it very much limits the returns I see.

This like the last time it happened is only occuring when logged in to my ebay account. If I log out and open a new page they are all there until I log in again.

The only browser I have tried is Chrome so I will try Firefox but the last time this happened it was the same on every browser I tried.

I don't have any add ons enabled and using the advanced search page doesn't help becasue I'm not actually serching.

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Hope they fix it soon, otherwise it's useless to me..... 

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Glad I found this, been having the  same problem. All the links at/near the top i.e. Auction, Buy It Now etc. and the link on the right to change to display ( 4 items across) have all dissappeared. If I go to my individule Saved Sellers and click on their listings, the links are all there, just not showing on the main listing pages. Bloody annoying!

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

@nostalgia_slot_racing 

It might be worth trying to search using a keyword instead of browsing, at least temporarily.

If you want to browse a category, try using the category name as your search keyword, like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/176984/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=cd&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_sop=1

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

As above, this does make ebay useless. I do think sellers should push for refunds till it's fixed.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

This is so bad. What the hell is going on.

The site is almost unusable.

Catagories from stuff like motorbikes to electric guitars have become impossible to list by e.g. nearest first, ending soonest, cheapest first - even basic things like new or used are hidden or non-existent.

What is actually going on. Does anyone have any idea??? It's almost comically bad. Has eBay been hacked???

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

@ellerwood wrote:

This is so bad. What the hell is going on.

The site is almost unusable.

Catagories from stuff like motorbikes to electric guitars have become impossible to list by e.g. nearest first, ending soonest, cheapest first - even basic things like new or used are hidden or non-existent.

What is actually going on. Does anyone have any idea??? It's almost comically bad. Has eBay been hacked???

Nope,  it hasn't been hacked,  we've been told here by Community Managers it is a technical issue and,  'eBay are aware'.

Tomorrow,  between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.  is the weekly chat with eBay Community Managers,  bring this issue up there,  that so many are still experiencing this,  there should be some kinda update as to when there'll be a fix.

@ellerwood 

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Last couple of days and the search options like  "CONDITION" have completely gone from many areas which is making it impossivle for me to track down potential purchases.  Unable to use due to this

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

The search links seem to be back today, lets hope they stay back!

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

This problem looks like a Chrome thing, as they just suddenly re-appeared this morning!

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: