"UK Only" location filter now includes China

I am finding that it is now  impossible to filter the loation of the products that I want to buy

I click on the "UK only" filter but then I have to go through 1000s of listings that are located  in China but claim to be in the UK.

This is making for a very bad buying experience and is putting me off even trying to find products on this site.

Am  I wasting my time complaing to the site administrator or should I just shop elsewhere?

Message 1 of 292
See Most Recent
291 REPLIES 291

@ellymoo wrote:
I think Mr Standfast likes Chinese sellers because they could put UK sellers out of business. 😉

I think you don't like not having an answer to the overwhelming scarcity, in most of the feedback on Chinese sellers claiming stock to be in the UK, of feedback saying it wasn't.

Message 61 of 292
See Most Recent

@jestaudio wrote:
Feedback is largely getting to be a waste of time, I've left perfectly reasonable negatives for "big" sellers who incidentally always have a returns address of China only for it to be removed within hours,

Not another one pinning his reputation on the belief that a misrepresented item, declared as being in the UK, has to be returned to China? Use that right, and you have a guaranteed win.

Take a look at the sellers' boards, and see if you find them telling each other than feedback is easily removed.

Message 62 of 292
See Most Recent

Mr Standfast - you obviousy have not had problems buying form chinese sellers.  You queries when I said @many@ buyers .  You only have to look at the feedback from buyersw on this site complaining about chinese sellers to realise there IS A PROBLEM.  like it or not.  this is probably a small sample of people unhappoy but can't be bothered to put anything on the site.  

Message 63 of 292
See Most Recent

I neither like nor dislike it. It doesn't bother me as I don't buy from these sellers. What does make me chuckle is how you are always determined to see the worst in any seller, apart from when they are Chinese, in which case they can do no wrong.
Message 64 of 292
See Most Recent

@paul0458 wrote:

Mr Standfast - you obviousy have not had problems buying form chinese sellers.  You queries when I said @many@ buyers .  You only have to look at the feedback from buyers on this site complaining about chinese sellers to realise there IS A PROBLEM.  like it or not.  this is probably a small sample of people unhappy but can't be bothered to put anything on the site.  

I wouldn't use the word "queried". You are referring to my post 41, and might cause people to look back at it. 

A lot depends on the type of item you buy, but on the whole I have found Chinese sellers more reliable than British ones, and have never received an item misdeclared as to location. Choose any very large Chinese seller, and you are likely to find feedback varying from excellent to bearably rather than seriously poor, mostly on the score of quality and sizing, as  people must expect if they choose to search the bottom of the market on price. Nevertheless plenty nowadays give a detailed size conversion chart, including measurements in centimetres.

You'd be asking a lot of people's credulity if they must believe that sellers can't get feedback on quality removed, but on misdeclared location they can.

A great many can be bothered to come on the site: the ones in their tens or even hundreds of thousands who leave positive feedback for sellers who have performed as they claimed they would. You are proposing that eBay should give them A PROBLEM, just for you. 

Message 65 of 292
See Most Recent

I have currently been trying to buy headphones and much to my dismay they are geting dispatched from China. No I don't want them two weeks or more from now, I want them in two or three days. These Chinese sellers should be banned from saying their location is London UK.

Stuff it! I'll buy them from Curry's or Argos instead.

Message 66 of 292
See Most Recent

oh you shouldn't say that.  It will upset Mr. Standfast who thinks chinese sellers are the best thing since sliced bread.  good for him.  The few that I have bought from have sold inferiot products, much too small  in size and it costs more to send them back than to buy in the first place.   But he ho, we mustn't be biased or racist, must we! 

Message 67 of 292
See Most Recent

Hi Paul, have just found the same headphones on Amazon UK and delivery is on Monday, so I'm off to buy them.

Message 68 of 292
See Most Recent

@paul0458 wrote:

oh you shouldn't say that.  It will upset Mr. Standfast who thinks chinese sellers are the best thing since sliced bread.  good for him.  The few that I have bought from have sold inferiot products, much too small  in size and it costs more to send them back than to buy in the first place.   But he ho, we mustn't be biased or racist, must we! 

I value your opinion as much as you do mine. But I have the feedback of many thousands of British buyers backing me up, and you don't even have feedback left by yourself. British buyers aren't cattle being rustled from your farm. You don't have any property rights in them.

Message 69 of 292
See Most Recent

the reason i have not left feedback for Chinese buyers is that once you start a return request you are no longer able to leave feedback for that sale.

Message 70 of 292
See Most Recent

@paul0458 wrote:

the reason i have not left feedback for Chinese buyers is that once you start a return request you are no longer able to leave feedback for that sale.

If it is a misdescription return you are.

Message 71 of 292
See Most Recent

@paul0458 wrote:

well said ell re Mr. Stqandfast.  maybe if we all stardted contacting ebay directly to complain they might listen???? 

It's been 48 hours to the minute. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Message 72 of 292
See Most Recent

I have now written to the Chinese seller to see if my item is in the United Kingdom or China and when it is being despatched as it is due to arrive (according to them) today, tomorrow or Wednesday. I await their reply with anticipation Smiley Mad

Message 73 of 292
See Most Recent

This fake location is happing all the time. Happend more than 10 times this year now. Ebay are making money and realy don't care about the Byers. Totally wrong shame on ebay.
Message 74 of 292
See Most Recent

@paul0458 wrote:

You can leave it once you've won.

Message 75 of 292
See Most Recent

I'm buy stuff directly from aliexpress now it saves a money, Better than buying it from ebay then aliexpress posting goods. It cuts the ebay middle man out. It a real shame ebay has gone to **bleep**. Shame on ebay
Message 76 of 292
See Most Recent

It's pointless. Leaving feedback. There aying the game. It's ebays fault and they don't care
Message 77 of 292
See Most Recent

https://m.chinabrands.com/dropshipping/article-how-to-dropship-from-aliexpress-to-ebay-4851.html
Seam like a very common thing. To me it's a scam as being lies to. Will now shop not on ebay. I was rite your guys who keeped telling me I was wrong.

How to Dropship from Aliexpress to eBay?
2018-06-12 21:45:00
I: 1.What is Aliexpress?
II: 2. Is dropshipping from Aliexpress to eBay legal?
III: 3. How to dropship from Aliexpress to eBay?
IV: 4.Tips to dropship from Aliexpress to eBay
V: 6.The Key to sell successfully to eBay
If I told you that you could start earning a lot of income from your comfortable home, would you be shocked? And you can sell real products that you don’t even own. This is a real business model, and many people are engaging to make a fortune. The business is dropshipping that not very new, but indeed is unfamiliar with many people. It means to distribute products from the suppliers.

For example, you buy product from Aliexpress and resell it on eBay. This way is called dropship from Aliexpress to eBay. It is a good way to make money, and you can even replace full-time income without a full-time job. Just to use Aliexpress to make a relationship with a manufacturer, and then dropship outside of Aliexpress.

Message 78 of 292
See Most Recent

● Will my customers know the products are from Aliexpress?

Although there may be some uncertainty about fulfillment from Aliexpress to eBay, please be assured that your customers receive packages that have few sheets or invoices. You can tell the supplier not to put these materials in the package. In addition, you can even arrange custom packaging and AliExpress premium shipping called ePacket
Message 79 of 292
See Most Recent

only one thing to say here 

God made the world china makes every thing else

i also get fustrated with this as well when i joined ebay.co.uk it was that i wanted to support uk buissness 

here is the clue when it says uk stock its china warehouse in uk 

look for uk seller (this will not garuantee that the item is not made in china )

feedback on ebay dose this help no ?

here is a way to check if a item is ok or junk look at the number of sales 10 sold click on this you will see another page

with when the items were purchesed if this list has only 3 names then 7 items have been returend 

the only to be sure what you are buying is back to the high street

even when you select uk only you will still get item location china  ONLY EBAY CAN SOLVE THIS ISSUE BUT THEY WONT

far to much money to be made from china products

i am of the opinion that uk only should be what it says UK ONLY

Message 80 of 292
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: