ebay change my search terms

I always search for items "newly listed" and in list form - now ebay has decided that I apparently require "best match" and "grid form" or whatever it's called!  Strange that I didn't resaise! I know best match is the default, but it isn't the one  I selected, and have always used.

Please does anyone know if there is a way of getting my preferences back - and getting them to stay back?

I do not know why ebay have bu**ered about with this - but then, that's ebay.

No wonder sellers are losing out. I get the strong impression ebay are doing their best to deter buyers - and speaking for myself, they are rapidly succeeding.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

My  customised  search reverted back to best match a few days ago and I had to reset it, so I think eBay has been meddling again.

On your search page go to the top right corner, underneath your delivery postcode is a small drop down menu next to best match. 

Click on it and select customise.

It looks like this.

Screenshot_2023-12-20-08-33-25-846~2.jpeg

This is what the customise box looks like.

image.jpg

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Yes, eBay's been mucking about again! 😄  I was having the same problem – thank you, douglaspuglas!

*hates 'Best Match'*

--------------------------------
Eerie circles upon the waters...
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Hello and thank you very much for taking all this trouble!

It seems I am not the only one who appreciates it.

Thank you again.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Hello again. I did as you suggested, and saved my search preferences - then the next time I went to search for an item, guess what? All back to best match and the grid layout!!

So - how do I persuade or preferably, force, ebay to believe that I do not want best match and grid - I want what I requested, and what I have always used - items newly listed and shown in list format!!

As for ebay achieving a user request - anyone seen a forecast for zero temperatures in hell this week??

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Ebay messed around with my 43 saved searches also. I changed them and resaved them. Unfortunately I now had two copies of each search in my saved searches, so I had to check each one to decide which to delete. In my case the real searches no longer have an image just a magnifying glass with a heart, and they have a strange number.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I did as you suggested, and saved my search preferences - then the next time I went to search for an item, guess what? All back to best match and the grid layout!

If you erase your eBay cookies it appears that that will reset your search customization settings, too.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

@eburtonlab wrote:

I did as you suggested, and saved my search preferences - then the next time I went to search for an item, guess what? All back to best match and the grid layout!

If you erase your eBay cookies it appears that that will reset your search customization settings, too.

My customised search also reverted back to best match again over the holiday weekend and I hadn't cleared anything.

Clearing my browser doesn't normally affect my eBay search settings anyway.

It's more likely a glitch caused by the endless "improvements" .🤔

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: