What’s the scam?

Wife wants to resupply with oil of Olay.

its £6.50 a bottle in shops.

1 - See it for £4.50 a bottle on eBay and I order 5 bottles.

Get a shipped and delivered message within 2 minutes if each other. After 10 days I ask for a refund due to non delivery. Seller refunds and says his grandmother died and he mixed up tracking numbers. Refund now on credit card linked to PayPal.

2 - See same bottles for £4 each and order 5. One hour later seller says sorry got to cancel order we have run out of stock.

3 - See same bottles for £2.35 each but limited to 3 per order so I order. Two hours later order canceled and seller says due to computer software issues and listings don't show correct price.

4 - As in 3 it was limit of 3 bottles , I also ordere 2 bottles at £3 each and thus order has tracking number.

For 1, 2 and 3 my money was refunded ok.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

What’s the scam?

I would not want to do business with this seller so I would probably leave suitable feedback and find another seller.

I can't see there is a scam as you have been refunded for your purchases.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

What’s the scam?

Just weird coincidence that so far 3 seperate sellers have failed to fulfill my purchase.

im expecting the 4th to cancel anytime  soon or it don't arrive and I have to claim via item not arrived.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

What’s the scam?

Sounds like the same seller on three different accounts 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

What’s the scam?

Just weird coincidence that so far 3 seperate sellers have failed to fulfill my purchase.

Or not a coincidence at all: the three sellers have no stock on hand and are all lazily drop-shipping from the same shop(s) and have not kept up with the recent price increases, so they still have old prices listed. When you place your order, that forces them to deal with the new higher prices and rather than lose money they in turn give you excuses why your order cannot be fulfilled at the prices they had previously cited.

Not exactly a scam, just bad business practices: advertising something they do not have in stock -- or if they do have stock, cancelling when they realize prices have risen.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

What’s the scam?

Yep dropshippers using the same software. Wonder how many cancelled for 'customer asked to cancel' reason.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: