Return

I have received an item but not the one I wanted. The seller refuses to allow me to return it. I would have thought it is the right of a purchaser in the UK to return an Item that was up for sale.

where do I go from here please?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Return

Hi

I presume the item is as described as per the listing but when received it was not the one you wanted?

If the above is the case and you purchased from a private seller then this is classed as a change of mind return and private sellers do not have to accept them.   Some do but some do not.

IF you purchased from a Business Seller and this is a recent purchase then they do have to accept change of mind purchases.   Just open a case under Ebays Money Back Guarantee.

IF the error is yours then the best thing for you to do is probably try and sell the item on yourself to hopefully recoup your money.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Return

If it was described correctly that would be classed as a "change of mind" return which only business sellers have to accept on ebay.   If it's a private seller they don't have to.   You could try reselling it yourself.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Return

Did you receive a different item to what you ordered? 

Or is it just not what you wanted.

Can you clarify a little more

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Return

I purchased a freesat that doesn’t record and I wanted a recordable one.
Kindest regards
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Return

This is a little awkward.     Have a good look again at the listing you purchased and see if it says whether its recordable or not ideally in the item specifics.

IF the items been mis sold then i would consider opening a not as described case under Ebays Money Back Guarantee.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Return

papso22
Experienced Mentor

What we need to know is whether you received what you bought, but you bought the wrong thing, or whether you bought the right thing (according to the listing), but the seller sent you the wrong thing.

If you received something that was advertised correctly but not what you actually wanted, then that counts as a change of mind return and private sellers don't have to accept them (but some choose to).

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: