Return label incorrect size

Hi problem with a return. .

Seller accepted return and provided label hower the parcel is to big for the label. .

They don't seem to be sure how to physically upload a new label to the return case. .  They want to arrange a collection from my house .

Collection is inconvenient also wouldn't that be outside the return case and then I'm not covered .

Called eBay today who had previously said today was when they would step in if a label was not provided and they just said I had to keep trying to work things out with the seller. .

Can I ask eBay to remove the insufficient label from the return case because currently as far as the return is concerned a label has been provided and I need to post by the 22nd . I know these returns are just automatically settled by a computer. .

Regards ryan 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Collection would be outside ebay's buyer protection policy but you could ask the seller to refund upfront then it wouldn't matter.    If not get onto ebay again about the incorrect label and see what they can do.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I've been back on the phone to eBay .  Now the return is a ' case '  and the seller has 5 days or eBay will refund me without returning .  

It's £270 order , I would send it back myself in the event this happens .

It's been a few years since I had a return as a buyer ,  but previously everything had to be done through the return case . 

As a buyer I could add information , evidence or tracking to the case now nothing  .

Could I pay for the postage myself , send the tracking as a message and be covered 

The seller seems to have zero idea how to upload a postage label to the return case. , surely it can't be that difficult.  

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

If you are sending back this item for the reason item not as described,  the seller pays for the return tracked label,  if you pay for it,  there is no way to get the cost refunded back to you.

A return label sent is a standard 2 kg. label.  When calling CS the reply you received  ' to work things out with the seller first'  is a standard reply read from a script, you may well have received a reply from the Philippines.

Contact Customer Services again, but this time do so very first thing in the morning when the lines first open at 9 a.m. on weekends and 8 a.m. on weekdays,  there's more chance of Dublin answering.

Explain you need a label for a heavier weight item,  Customer Services will provide this,   and charge it to the seller's account.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@2dsidescroller 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

reread the question

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: