Multiple issues with multi-item order

Hi all, looking for bit of info/guidance on the correct way to handle this one.

I purchased 5 books from a large Ebay seller. Seller posted them out (tracked) as two separate packages, both of which I received today. They (all 5 items) are now showing as delivered with Ebay.

Two of the items are not as described - one is significantly sun-faded, the other is a much later edition than that shown in the original listing.

Additionally one of the 5 items is missing altogether.

The two remaining items of the 5 are OK.

So my question is - what is the correct procedure for this? I can start returns process for the two not as described items, but what about the missing item (as tracking shows the whole order is delivered)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Kevin

PS have contacted the company (immediately upon receipt) but have received only a generic response regarding delivery timescales and logistics.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

A further update - likely can't do anything about the two not-as-described items, small print on the item details unfortunately states that it may not be the one shown in the image that is sent out. Maybe a bit of sharp practice (as most would likely do what I did, look at the image and top-level description only and assume - wrongly - that that was what you would get), but my bad for not reading everything.

Just the missing item to sort out now. Should be fun!

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I would open a "not as described" claim and send the lot back.

Do not open a "item not received" claim or you will lose as you did receieve something.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

@kevwalker1 they can put whatever they like in the description but it doesn't override ebay rules. The pictures form part of the description and if they're not representative of the item you received then you have a valid claim for not as described. It's a common trick with most of the megalisters but it doesn't disqualify you from claiming. If the tracking for the missing item shows as delivered then make sure the case you open for that one is for missing parts rather than not received. The other two cases should be for doesn't match the desscription.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: