Item was damaged on arrival - seller doesn't accept return on item according to the listing.

Hello.

I recently purchased a laptop from ebay and unfortunately, upon opening the package, I discovered that the laptop was damaged. The packaged was wrapped in a shopping bag with tape. It was inside a laptop bag also. The screen LCD is cracked has multiple lines and large dead pixels all over the screen when turned on. The bezel casing corner is broken into fragments, and the CD/DVD caddy is also damaged. Multiple stuff on the laptop is damaged.

The seller has "No returns accepted. See details- for more information about returns" for the item.

Is it still possible to get a full refund. I filed a returned request for this from the ebay menu. And provided multiple images to ebay.

I also informed the seller about it, requesting a refund since the item is damaged and not as advertised.

What should I do here, I never experienced something like this.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Item was damaged on arrival - seller doesn't accept return on item according to the listing.

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

open a not as described case -

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Sellers can only refuse change of mind returns.

It sounds like you've opened a not as discribed return.

Your seller will have 3 business days to cooperate by either supplying a returns label or refunding without needing it returned.

If they don't do anything you ask eBay to step in.

An "ask us to step in" button will appear on your case once the 3 business days has passed.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

I am truly grateful for the detailed explanation you have provided. Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

In addition to the advice that has already been provided, in the event that the seller starts playing Silly Buggers and will not provide you with an eBay Returns label so that you can return the laptop to the seller for a refund, then once you escalate the case to eBay on or after day four eBay will force through the refund, regardless of whether or not the seller agrees with their  decision, and you will not have to return the laptop as a condition of being issued a total refund.  If that does indeed happen you can then do what you like with the laptop, whether that be trying to repair it, stripping it down for parts to rebuild another laptop with, or taking it up the tip and getting rid of it.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Just to add if the items been damaged by the carrier then that is not your problem.

The seller will have to try and make a claim for compensation against the carrier for the damage.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I appreciate the extra additional details you provided. Thank you!

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: