Item collected but still apparently "processing"

I was able to collect an item I purchased from a delivery shop, but the order page still says "Order processing" and "Your order is being prepared". How do I get that changed? This keeps haunting me; sometimes it takes longer to get to sleep at night.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

It's probably just a glitch that's resulting in the tracking details not updating properly on eBay.  Have you left feedback for the seller to let him/her know that you have received the item?  If not then try that - at least that way if the seller is unfairly penalised for the item not turning up by eBay's estimated delivery date due to an eBay glitch falsely claiming that the item is still in transit then he/she can then point eBay to your feedback and tell them "The buyer has confirmed receipt of the item in the feedback left", in which case if eBay see confirmation that you've actually received the item they ought to remove any defects imposed on the seller's account for missing the deadline for delivery, as the seller would be able to prove otherwise.

With regards to the feedback showing that the item is still in the "Order Processing" , "Order Being Prepared" - or any other stage of delivery other than "Item Delivered" - this is something that has been affecting the site for years.  I've had several occasions during my years of buying stuff on eBay whereby the tracking shows that the item is still in transit, despite the fact that I've already received the item and have left feedback for the seller.  eBay aren't exactly great at getting around to fixing glitches with the site, so try not to let it give you any sleepless nights.  There are many glitches on the site that will probably go unresolved forever.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Ahh ok.

I did leave some feedback, but I left the text field blank.

However, as well as that, I sent a message to the seller with photographs of the package, so would hope that would come in use if they are 'unfairly penalised' ?

Also, just to clarify, the page does say that it was 'delivered', but it then never went any further in relation to collecting it from the pickup location. The progress bar states that it was 'Paid', then 'Dispatched'. But it never moved to the next bit which is 'Ready'; it's stuck between them as per screenshot.

micnanc81_2-1713376600707.png

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

The tracking on eBay is a bit of a hit and miss affair with regards to updating on time.  Sometimes it works as if there is nothing wrong with it at all, the next minute it's all over the place with tracking not accurately reflecting which stage of the delivery process the item is currently at, even when the item has been received by the buyer.

If I remember correctly I think it's possible to leave a follow-up comment on feedback left.  If you go to your Feedback section and click on the Feedback Left For Others section, look for the User ID of the seller in question and click on the bit where it says "Follow-Up", on the right hand side of the screen.  You may have to log back in again, but once you do you should be able to leave an additional comment.  If you want to leave a feedback comment but didn't add any text the first time then you should be able to get around the problem by leaving feedback this way.  However, if you leave it too long then you won't be able to do so, as you only get a certain amount of time to leave a feedback comment.

In the event that the seller is unfairly penalised by eBay if they erroneously conclude that the seller has not delivered the item by the estimated delivery date provided, then any proof that you did receive it before the delivery deadline, whether photographic or in writing, would increase the seller's chances of being able to get the decision overturned.  By adding follow-up in the manner that I described in the previous paragraph you could, if applicable, add in something along the lines of "Item arrived earlier than expected, and before eBay's estimated date of delivery - very pleased with item" just to let the seller - and eBay - know that the item arrived on time and that you were happy with how the transaction went.  That way eBay would have no justifiable reason to impose a penalty on the seller for failing to hit the estimated date of delivery target if he/she could prove that you recieved the item before the target date.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: