Is there really NO way to block a seller?

Yes, I know about search filtering. 
This particular seller uses a variety of techniques to manipulate listings and searches to her advantage - therefore it's very difficult to tell exactly when I need to filter searches to avoid her without filtering every single search I do in regards to 3D prints or model horses. 

She's been reported dozens of times by various people over the years to no available. I just want to stop seeing her without having to filter everything I search. 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I don't think there is a way to stop anyone seing anyone's listings without filtering. If you are thinking of a block like we can with buyers that doesn't work like that. If I block someone from buying from me and they do a search of an item I happen to have for sale just because I have blocked them it doesn't stop them from seeing my items, it just stops them buying from me. I think if EBay did any kind of seller block it would work kind of the same that you would still see the items in the search it would just stop you from buying from them.

Unfortunately I think the best you can do is the search filtering you are already doing.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Run a search. 

Click 'advanced search', scroll down to the seller section. Use the 'exclude' option, then add your seller's name.

Save the search, then each time you run a search, use this search and change the search terms to suit.

You can add more sellers should you need to, just click save search each time.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

To the best of my knowledge there is currently no means of blocking a particular seller's items from appearing in the search results when you search for an item.  Having said that, however, in theory it would be possible for eBay to set up such a filter, as the technology required to do so already exists.  All eBay would need to do would be to set up an option on buyers' accounts for them to use similar to a seller's "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me" option, set up in such a way that items being listed by any sellers who had been added to a buyer's "Don't Show Items Being Advertised By Sellers Added To My Blacklist" function would then no longer appear in the search results.  However, even though it shouldn't prove too difficult for a competent team of IT engineers to set up and implement an option such as this, eBay never implement measures that would prove to be popular with hundreds of site users.

Another thing to consider is that although the above suggestion would give buyers the ability to block sellers as well as sellers being able to block buyers, in reality it's extremely unlikely that eBay will ever implement such an option for buyers to use to filter out items being advertised by sellers that they don't want to see listings from.  The reason for this is that sellers bring in lots of money for eBay and therefore such a move would potentially limit eBay's income from sales quite markedly.  Therefore I can't see such an option for buyers ever being impleted by eBay at any point in the future.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

@m25jet wrote:

To the best of my knowledge there is currently no means of blocking a particular seller's items from appearing in the search results when you search for an item. 

Yes there is. Just exclude the seller/sellers you want, save search and use that every time. You won't see items from that seller/those sellers.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Ebay highly relay on micro sales from overseas merchants. If they would allow buyers to ban those sales, it will cripple ebay. 

Why it's important to ebay even if they know about dirty sales tactics? Because ebay is dishonest bussiness too. It's all about the numbers.

Imagine someone buys cheap niknag and is not happy with quality or other reason. Most of the people just dont bother the returning hastle, discards it to the bin, leave negative feetback and look for better quality item. For ebay it is double money! They deffinetely will not cut their profit in the name of fairnes. 

It will never happen. It's time to leave this profit driven mess.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: