How do I stop the intrusive messages from eBay?

I keep getting the same message about qualifying for a £10 reduction, if I download the eBay app and I make a purchase over £50 on the eBay app.     I find these messages quite unnecessary and highly intrusive.    Is there any way I can stop them;  they are spoiling my time on eBay.    Thank you.       

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

My eBay>account>communication preferences>edit.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Many thanks for your suggestion.   My marketing communications ( messages from eBay) were aleady turned off.   So not a solution, unfortunately.   However, I stopped getting these messages last night.  It appears that the £10 reduction was time limited and I think the special offer ended yesterday evening.  Of course it's great to have savings but this is just a sales exercise.  And the small print happens to mention a minimum purchase cost of £50 on your app in order to qualify.   I didn't want this message to flash at me constantly.   Anyway, all is back to normal now.    Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi was about to tell you the same as you have discovered yourself.

I to have had the same problem which stopped after about a week and all is back to normal. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I too have been experiencing this problem, but nothing suggested in this thread so far has succeeded in stopping these unwanted messages.  I have already got my marketing communications set to not receive any communications from eBay, yet eBay are flashing these notifications at me every time I visit the site.   Does anybody know of an effective way to get rid of these unwanted messages for good that hasn't already been suggested?  The only other solution that I can think of is to stop using eBay altogether and buy the items that I want off of Amazon instead so that I don't have to put up with eBay's unwanted spam messages.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: