Gpu sent in bubblewrap no box.

So I bought a gpu. Seller messed me about with dates but I was patient and got the card very late. Now it has turned up today In what I think is bubble wrap and then a bin bag over the wrap. No box and I can feel the card edges with my hand through the wrap. Do I return as is or risk opening and seeing if the card is ok.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Under Ebays MBG you can request a return as not as described if an item arrives 1 day after the latest estimated delivery date.It makes no difference if seller is private and states "no returns".

Seller has to supply a prepaid returns label.

See :- https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-poli...

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

At this point, the packaging isn't an issue, because whether or not it's poorly wrapped, you need to check the item is ok, so if it's clearly damaged without even needing to test it, then open a return, ask for a label and send it back. If it looks visually ok, you'll need to fit it and test it, if it works, great, but if it doesn't, again, open a return.

Reflect any issues in the feedback, but don't mention returns or refunds, as they could get it removed, keep it simple, like 'Arrived damaged'. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You aren't taking any risk in opening it and testing the item.  The money back guarantee doesn't require you not to have opened a package.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: