Faulty Items

If I purchase an item off an Ebay Vendor and it proves to be faulty, in this case an external disc drive. What are my rights?  The listing says No Returns accepted. On contacting the vendor he says it was ok when he dispatched it. Can I reverse my Paypal payment if things don't work out to my satisfaction?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Faulty Items

Nope you don't go through PayPal initially,  but through eBay's 30day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy.

A seller with a No Returns on their listings,  excludes them from refunding buyers who have a change of mind or find the item doesn't fit.

If they sell a faulty item,  therefore item not as described,  buyers are fully protected and guaranteed a full refund if claimed within 30 days.

Read eBay's 30 day MBG policy,  writtwn on the right hand side of every listing.

Your are protected if you purchase a faulty item,  you can buy with confidence.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Faulty Items

"No returns" can only ever apply to change of mind returns.   All sellers have to accept them if the item is not as described for whatever reason.   Click on "Return this item" on right of your order on your Purchases page and select "Doesn't match description" as the reason.  If necessary escalate it to ebay after 3 working days.  You will be issued with a paid-for return postage label.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Faulty Items

Thank you. Hopefully the seller will be reasonable and I won't have to take
things that far.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Faulty Items

Most sellers are honest and there's really no point in describing an item untruthfully or inaccurately,  as they know buyers are protected with eBay's MBG policy.

Just know that MBG is there and on every listing,  on the right hand side,  if you need to use it.

@comic-sales 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Faulty Items

Do not waste time dealing with the seller.   The way to deal with it is to open a "not as described" case.  EBay used to say "contact the seller by opening a case".  Only by doing so does the seller get a fee credit.

You open the case - he sends a label for the full postage - you return and he refunds.  If he does then all is well and he gets his fees back. 

If he does not you escalate the case to eBay. He gets an account defect and loses his fees

This is eBay's system.   @comic-sales 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Faulty Items

@comic-sales wrote:
Thank you. Hopefully the seller will be reasonable and I won't have to take
things that far.

The seller is already being unreasonable, it doesn't matter that it was "OK when he sent it'.  Use the ebay money back guarantee now.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: