Am I abusive buyer

I had an item I bought in January and it stopped working properly. I tried to follow the help section and got to the part where I selected return item. The seller refunded me. I got a abusive buyer email the same day. I tried to contact eBay on the phone and the customer service assistant accused me of violating and abuse of my account and said I had been suspended. But then she said I wasn't suspended but I had raised too many returns. I am bit confused and concerned. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Am I abusive buyer

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Ebay has something they call the 'abusive buyer policy' which covers buyers that they think have misused the ebay money back guarantee, usually by making too many claims, or a number of claims where the seller has reported them for misuse of the MBG, for example claiming something was not working in order to get round a no returns policy and then returning a working item. 

None is us will have any idea why ebay think you breached this policy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374&st=3&pos=1&q...

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Am I abusive buyer

I think it's because I tried to get help about refund or return. I could understand them getting stressy if it happened a lot. I had watch strap in August arrive that was black and t should have been blue. I returned that and got a replacement. I had ordered several other items all fine. Then the faulty usb device that had worked initially but had stopped working properly. I understand that warranty is non existent after 30 days now and won't be risking anything from eBay from now on. I am still confused why the customer service person couldn't help me and pretty much accused me of abuse. eBay actually processed the refund too. I am very wary about using them again. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Am I abusive buyer

Customer services just read the script infront of them, if they had seen you received the abuse email they'd have just said that. Do not take it personally they basically dont have a clue what they are doing with at least half of the issues on the site, I know that sounds bad but its true, unless you need to know how to reset your password or how to open a return then majority of customer service agents are stuck in a never ending circle of reading a script and passing you from peter to paul.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Am I abusive buyer

The MBG is not a warranty it's only if the item is not as described when it arrives, not if it stops working later.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: