Received what is supposedly an Ebay invoice for an item that I've said I would buy but the email add

Hi, I've agreed to buying an item (£3600 worth) and the seller has supposedly told eBay to send me an invoice. Received an invoice from the email address eBay@sales-invoice.co.uk     Doesn't look right to me, not had any other emails from this address. Invoice states payment via bank transfer. There is nothing on the eBay website that says I've been sent an invoice for a purchase.

Can someone confirm the email address that invoices for purchases come from. Any other thoughts?

Looks like a scam to me.

Cheers

View Entire Topic

Collection items ... not a Vehicle is it ? ... You will have no Buyer protection using Bank Transfer to hand over money to a complete stranger for an item which may not exist and will certainly be scammed !!.

For information ... eBay do not hold deposits or offer a Trial period, Escrow or Delivery/Shipping service for a Vehicle which may not even exist ... Do not pay anything including a holding deposit until you have seen and examined the Vehicle personally.

Cash on inspection/collection is the safest and best payment method for vehicles/collected items ... or ... mutually agreed Bank Transfer after you have seen and examined the vehicle/item and agreed the purchase, the seller then releases the Vehicle/item and documents to you ...

No PayPal payments including holding deposits should be made as there is absolutely No Buyer payment protection offered for any Collection items/Vehicles.