neutral feedback

I was left neutral feedback by a buyer due to late delivery by Royal Mail, who stated this in their comments.     I thought this was removable since it was outside my control, but apparently not.    Today I have received another neutral with the comment "nice card".     I've spoken to CS who say that neutrals won't affect my sales.     Today's sales .....   0.

I am getting to the point of giving up completely .    

Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

neutral feedback

Many buyers won't know about Royal Mail's deteriorating service as they rarely send parcels. They'll find out when they send their Christmas parcels.

Another way for buyers to know is by reading eBay's discussion boards.

Either way, you'll always get some buyers who think they're the exception and expect their goods to arrive on time always. And because they can't complain to Royal Mail, they complain at the easier target - the seller - however unfair that is.

Message 21 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

Don't worry yourself over neutrals, you still have 100% positives and they will soon move to the next page.

It's annoying when a buyer leaves you a negative as soon as Ebay's expected delivery date has passed only for the item to be delivered a few days later. I have 3 negatives because of this, asked for a revision which has been ignored.

At the moment I don't think it matters what service you use, sent a few tracked 24 which took 4-5 days to be delivered. 

Message 22 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

In my experience you may get the odd buyer who leaves a neutral or negative to agree to removal or revision but most don't actually care on the impact on a seller they just want to vent anger be it justified or not. I think during my time on eBay on my buyer account I have probably only left a neutral but never a negative because honestly it serves no purpose. It bugs me when buyers leave negatives without any prior communication with the seller. To me if you don't give the seller the opportunity to assist with the complaint it demonstrates that these people don't actually have a justified grievance 

in my dealings as a buyer if I don't tell the seller how the h**l are they supposed to deal with my complaint. If an item is late then tell the seller in most instances whilst it's not always their fault most would maybe provide a small refund as a goodwill gesture so to me that's a no brainer

negative or neutral feedback in my opinion should be removed if the buyer has not made any contact with the seller prior to leaving it 

Message 23 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

@pillarboxred wrote:

Is it economically worth it to sell lawnmower washers on eBay? People want them but not enough to pay you a figure that makes it worth you time.

Not on their own No, but we also sell all sorts of other products and spares which these compliment.

That said, in peak season the revenue stream/profit from the washers is pretty good and we're glad of it when the high cost stuff isn't moving.
They also require virtually no time to process.

However, we may have to rethink them if RM doesn't improve drastically.

Message 24 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

Just looked at other card sellers and they are having the same problem.    Unfortunately, it seems that some buyers don't make prior contact, but go straight for a neutral or negative. 

Message 25 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

@insidethe93 wrote:

Many buyers won't know about Royal Mail's deteriorating service as they rarely send parcels. They'll find out when they send their Christmas parcels.

Another way for buyers to know is by reading eBay's discussion boards.

Exactly.
Lots of threads on social media about people not receiving Christmas Cards again this year either.

Message 26 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

royal mail 24 has been the worst hit for late deliveries, at moment royal mail are overwhelmed so dont matter how you send things it is still a hit  or miss scenario 

Message 28 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

Yet another neutral (that's 3 in a month).     2 due to Royal issues and this one with the comment "did not buy", except they did then requested a cancellation which I accepted and they were refunded in full.    I don't even see the point in phoning eBay.    I have never been so demoralised in 13 years on here.   

Message 29 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

I had one netural and one negative in the last month both around Royal Mail Delays or lack to deliver.

To be honest I just take it on the chin and carry on. It is not really impacting my sales and the odd negative or netural feedback just can't be helped.

I wouldn't let it get you down too much, just pop a response apologising for the issue so that other buyers can see it.

Message 30 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

Letters are a problem if you put them in the post box,  but you can still take them to the PO counter and get proof of posting. This should enble you to get feedback removed (it should be automatic after 3 days, but rarely is) Large letters are marked as delivered these days so as long as you get POP that shows you did post within your window for despatch, doesn't matter what RM do after that, you should not be penlised even by a neutral. Have you checked your late delivery defects in the overview? If you post on time it should be zero. 

I have had many removed and Ebay know the system is flawed.  They will remove them with the right proof, but the automatic claim does not work. 

Message 31 of 32
See Most Recent

neutral feedback

I have click and drop so have a Royal Mail report showing when the postage labels are generated, but eBay won't take this as proof of postage.    I've given up trying, on checking other card sellers, we are all having the same problem.    

Message 32 of 32
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: