expected delivery dates, ebay misleading buyers

Can ebay do something about their estimated delivery dates, twice this morning i have had buyers messaging me asking where there items are, the products were sold on the 25th of March, with a 2 day handling time, and second class postage, and ebay are giving expected delivery dates of the 27th, thus leading to opened requests and annoyed buyers, it's making it extremely difficult when the system is setting us up to fail, i was promised this would be resolved months ago, and it is still happening, can someone from ebay please assist

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

We are experiencing the same thing. Had two cases opened fit INR today. One sent Monday and one sent Tuesday. Both sent 2nd class letter, both with 2 days handling (sent same day though)

One buyer told me I should update the listings to show a realistic delivery date to avoid buyer dissatisfaction and tye other buyer hasnt responded yet. 

Second buyer who ordered Tuesday opens a case at about 7.30 this morning. It's bonkers eBay are telling people their orders will arrive so quickly when they clearly won't. 

I noticed yesterday eBay said dispatch by 2nd April (next  Tuesday) but delivery date shown to buyer was Saturday 30th March.  eBay think it will be delivered three days before I post it!

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

When eBay are asked about this they say that everything is working as it should. If they told you otherwise they were fobbing you off.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi

Hi

Many sellers including myself have reported this issue several times, via the online customer service chat and also with the Wednesday 2pm community chat team.

All they do is state that the EDD's are working, when clearly they are not.

I encourage you to report this to ebay, as it is getting silly.  Buyers think we are lying and they cannot understand why we cannot change the delivery dates ourselves.  However, we always have to point out to buyers that if  you go on the couriers website directly the dates are correct for delivery, and ebays are incorrect.  

We now spend alot of time replying to customers asking "wheres my parcel" and we are open to negative feedback through no fault of our own.

I have just printed off an order today, and dropped it off for collection.  Ebay has now told the buyer it will arrive today!!!!!.

Best wishes

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent