Real strange one with multiple cancelled bids from different buyers - not by buyers or myself?

Never had this happen before.

I was checking on an auction I have ending today and noticed the price had falling sharply. When clicking the bid history it showed 11 buyers had their bids cancelled all within a 1 minute time period. The reason was the same for all and stated "cancelled by seller". Well that's strange as I'm the seller and never cancelled any bids today. 

Have contacted support who asked for screenshots and I've been told I will be contacted within 5-7 days. No mention of how I can cancel this auction which ends soon. Never mind my other auctions which could well be affected from buyers thinking I've cancelled their bids on the other auction.

Anyone have this happen before?

Should I cancel my other auctions?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Real strange one with multiple cancelled bids from different buyers - not by buyers or myself?

bidder not buyer - sorry was in a rush

After another chat with help I was informed I can't cancel this auction. Instead I have to select problem with buyers address to cancel after the auction ends. That seems like it will only anger the buyer of the auction. 

I've cancelled the other auction that was selling similar items and would/did attract the same bidders. 

I guess no more ebay for me until I get this sorted.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

This sounds odd.  Hopefully it's just a glitch of some sort. 

On the auction that's still running, does it still show the postage OK?  

The only other possibility that occurs to me is this - did you change any of your settings in eBay ?  For instance, did you try blocking a buyer, or signing up to the Global Shipping Programme?  Anything that might have disqualified some of your bidders?

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Yes, postage was set to free and still showing this.

No changes and already part of GSP (that was not selected for this auction).  Only thing I did today was list a new auction.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Perhaps they were scam bidders and eBay removed their bids - there is no option for "ebay cancelled bids" only buyer removed bid  and seller cancelled 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Some of the bidders are fellow ebay sellers. The item for sale doesn't attract scam bidders that I'm aware of. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: