Misuse of image left in feedback

Hello all,

We have had negative feedback left on our account after someone messaged us (although for whatever reason we did not actually receive the original message he sent, despite his screenshot?) because of an INR.

Because we didn't receive the message he opened a case which we refunded straight away.

Anyway, he then left us negative feedback, but used the picture upload facility on the feedback to upload a screenshot of the message.

Surely this is some kind of breach of policy for eBay? Could it be a breach of GDPR?

Is there any way to get an image removed from feedback?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I can't see the image on your feedback page.  I am using the classic site not the app.

But even if it is visible on the app, how does it breach the GDPR?  You are a business seller so your identity is already known.

You might get it removed on the basis that it mentions a case, but they might just remove the words and leave the red dot. 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I can't see the image either.

To be honest I think his feedback is harsh but fair. 

If I were you, I would either:

Respond politely on fb: apologising profusely for wasting his time, explaining that you never got/saw the message and that you will look into this

or -  if you fb% now worries you - I would check my messages (by date and user name). And if the message is NOT showing up, I would be on the phone to ebay to get the neg removed as it is a technical fault. If it is showing up... see above...

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

3 weeks delivery late 3 days, and message not delivered by eBay. Not fair feedback at all. It should be left on Royal Mail website not sellers account. And the entitlement of agitating others not to use seller...

It's just example of buyer being fussy for no good reason. eBay should remove it as message fail to deliver all the time. Especially if not always when the app is used to send it.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: