Miracles do exist (Rarely) - Misuse of returns, postage refund

There's been plenty of talk about this previously where if someone misuses a return reason and are reported, eBay will refund the postage the seller had to pay to get the item back. 

Rarely ever seen. It was even looking like behind the scenes eBay were doing away with this because there's not been one in ages. I just had a look at how much money was coming in tomorrow and....

return refund 2.jpg
return refund 1.jpg

What misused return was it for? No idea.  All I know from that is it's "from jan 24 to feb 23". No email about it (nothing in eBay inbox either), it just shows up there and I only saw it by chance. 

This brings about 2 points. Firstly, are more of us getting it and more often than we think? As it's a bit under the radar and unless you look, you won't know. 

Secondly.... I can't remember the second point now due to a distraction with trying to find out what it could have been. 

Anyway, the only thing falling within those dates is a scarf the buyer claimed was fake (it isn't, I could go into details but it will be an essay). They were reported and it's strange how on this occasion eBay seem to have taken my word that it isn't fake and issued this postage refund. Whereas other times when it's been completely clear cut, they've seemingly not credited anything. 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Miracles do exist (Rarely) - Misuse of returns, postage refund

Thats nice to see.   

As with all returns, I accept the return and use report buyer when systems are abused - not for great expectation of anything happening in my favour quickly but if enough users make the effort it creates a clearer picture for eBay to act down the line.   

I read on a post, probably about a year ago on an unrelated topic, how you have to use the report buyer from the refund page, after the returned item has been received, before refunding - I'm not confident I have often managed to do things in that order.  Couldn't at the time find any eBay written clarification on it though.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: