Images in feedback for multi-quantity listings now visible to buyers

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products.

Starting last month, eBay sellers have been able to preview images on their sold multi-quantity items feedback. With the success of the programme thus far, we are starting to make those images available to buyers as well. We will continue to test images on feedback into 2024.

Richer text and images in feedback can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Your eBay Team

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I can think of another site with a similar system. The great benefit I find in it, as a buyer, is saving me money. Often the item looks great in the seller's pictures but is much less interesting in the buyer's pictures, so I'm not paying more for the item I can find listed cheaper elsewhere (with poorer pictures, probably). Another issue may be those buyers who post pictures of all the items they buy from the same seller which may cause some confusion. 

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Its going to cause mayhem if the item sold is a sex toy !

There will be pictures of sex toys all over ebay.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Whats wrong with product review for the photos and buyer experience with the seller for feedback.

I wnat to know they are a helpfull seller not what the goods they sell are like.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Feedback was supposed to be about your experience of the seller and the service you recieved, not a review of the product.

As a seller I literally dont leave anyone feedback at all now because the feedback system is purely a way for buyers to hit out at sellers rather than complaining to ebay. Because sellers cant leave negative feedback it serves no purpose for a seller as i cant look at a buyers feedback and see if other sellers have had a negative experience with them or if they are trying to scam other sellers.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@phoenix_autosport wrote:

Feedback was supposed to be about your experience of the seller and the service you recieved, not a review of the product.

As a seller I literally dont leave anyone feedback at all now because the feedback system is purely a way for buyers to hit out at sellers rather than complaining to ebay. Because sellers cant leave negative feedback it serves no purpose for a seller as i cant look at a buyers feedback and see if other sellers have had a negative experience with them or if they are trying to scam other sellers.

You can however see what feedback the buyer left for others, which is usually a good gauge of whether or not I want to sell to them.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent