How we’ve acted on your feedback in 2023 & what’s in store for 2024

Just finished watching the video, will keep this fairly simple, I am sure many of you will have comments...

At around 1 Minute:

"my management team and I are already looking at what we can do in 2024 to remove more barriers, advocate for your interests and give you access to more information to help you keep growing"

I've got a great idea, you don't need a management team at all. Just read these message boards.

Stop putting up barriers in the first place then perhaps there would be none to remove?

You are just so out of touch with what everyone things, says and feels it is unbelievable. Look at the YouTube comments on the video after a few minutes.  

If you really care EBay, then reply and engage properly with some of the comments and evidence based issue reporting people are leaving on here.

Message 1 of 88
See Most Recent
87 REPLIES 87

555njp
Conversationalist

I joined the expressions team to try to get some of the views we are all expressing across.

The questions asked though were ridiculous.

What items would we be selling across the holiday period?

Er, none, we took everything down due to the ongoing problems with RM and the rapidly increasing defeat rate for late deliveries which eBay ARE NOT OUR FAULT! Once it's left my premises and is in the postal system I have zero control of it!!

Then they ask what sort of things will you be buying on eBay over the holiday period?

Probably nothing as the broken search can't find any listings. Plus, like us it seems many sellers shut up shop over Christmas.

Do you use/will you consider using promoted listings, if so do you prefer a fixed campaign price or a variable promotion depending on sales?

No & Neither. I've tried both but views and sales are dreadful with or without promotions.

As a buyer I'm sick of promoted stuff coming up in the search that doesn't even relate to what I'm looking for!! Stop manipulating search and hiding listings otherwise no one's going to be here anymore.

I spoke to a few eBayers over the holidays and all had one common theme - we're slowly moving away from the platform because of lack of sales, the con that is promoted listings and the dreadful search engine.
If eBay can't/won't fix these basics the site will become an Amazon lite.

Message 81 of 88
See Most Recent

@555njp wrote:

I joined the expressions team to try to get some of the views we are all expressing across.

Well that's a pointless exercise since I think that last time a staff member (Teresa) posted there it was Aug 2023.. noted there has been 3 Admin posts in December, Happy Holidays and all that jazz...

Message 82 of 88
See Most Recent

Yeah I know. Wasn't going to bother but as I'm always complaining I thought I should to at least have my say even though I know it falls on deaf ears.
So far only two questionnaires but I didn't sign up until October.

Message 83 of 88
See Most Recent

Attached a screenshot showing another funny search result.

Only researching the sold value of an item I wanted to sell, I've been listing less over the Christmas period but search issues are becoming more frequent.

I am sometimes finding now that nothing is showing as available or sold when researching and then I go to use Terapeak and this throws up both recently sold items and active products!

How many times must this be mentioned before it is dealt with or even ackowledged as an ongoing problem?

Once again....

"my management team and I are already looking at what we can do in 2024 to remove more barriers, advocate for your interests and give you access to more information to help you keep growing"

Please can the appropriate team look at fixing the issues with search?

That would definitely give most of us a happier start to 2024 as it would remove more barriers, help us keep growing and give us access to more information when deciding on a price for unique or second hand goods.

Message 84 of 88
See Most Recent

Another thing they should change (back) is the completed items search as it gives a false impression of what is selling and the price.

A few years ago you could search an item's popularity by using either sold items, or completed items. Unsold items were in black type, sold were in green so you could quickly gauge if a product was worth listing.
Now, if you dig deeper into the green 'sold' items, you'll find many actually did not sell at all. They were simply ended by seller but are shown as green so you think they sold for that price - very misleading!

I guess they won't change it as it makes the site look better than it actually is?

Have reported this - totally ignored.

Message 85 of 88
See Most Recent

@btr.style wrote:

"My stance on those 'staff' members is the chat should end and be boycotted. They do nothing whatsoever to help anyone and simply have a little tag on their username to make them seem important. "

Last time I made such a comment I was put on the naughty step , wrist slapped and post removed as 

it was misleading 🤐 

Astronomy is looking up
Message 86 of 88
See Most Recent

@555njp I sort of like that feature - whilst most likely not by design.  Its one of those rare circumstances of giving business sellers an eBay advantage with having access to Terrapeak to research actual sold items

Message 87 of 88
See Most Recent

My only comment is they should stick to just explaining what's changed and remove the smug faces.

Message 88 of 88
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: