Global Shipping Programme and Multiple Orders from the same buyer

Hi all

So there have been a few occasions now where a buyer has bought multiple items from me, but paid under separate transactions.  With normal sales, I would simply put the orders together in one parcel and ship.  But with the GSP because of the reference numbers on the address, I've been sending each order independently.

Is there any way I can send all the orders as one parcel rather than sending each one on its own?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good morning,

Unless they are paid for all together, you will have to send them all individually to prevent and INR case. Each parcel received at GSP generates one confirmation against the order sent to them. Your buyers are also paying for the postage and insurance per item so unless they combine them before paying, they will all have to be shipped separately.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Good morning,

Unless they are paid for all together, you will have to send them all individually to prevent and INR case. Each parcel received at GSP generates one confirmation against the order sent to them. Your buyers are also paying for the postage and insurance per item so unless they combine them before paying, they will all have to be shipped separately.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Much as I thought, but worth asking!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Just to set the cat among the pigeons, I've done it both ways. 

Sent in one parcel with two GSP numbers on it. And sent as separate parcels. I've wondered the same thing. I usually send as two parcels - better to be safe than sorry - unless I have a good relationship with the buyer.

If the buyer is a frequent buyer, you can agree with your buyer the amount to make on offers on two or more items, before you accept offers, then postage and tracking is combined. ie you have one GSP number.

I do wish ebay would get itself together and give clear instruction on GSP though, to avoid this confusion.

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Also to clarify... if GSP combines too many items into one box, I have posted in different boxes but all with the same GSP number.  

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Sending multiple items together in one package is a basic function of online retail everywhere else. Goodness knows why eBay haven't updated their GSP to incorporate this fundamental feature.

Do they even have any plans to fix this?

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

@maturin.surprise 

"Sending multiple items together in one package is a basic function of online retail everywhere else. Goodness knows why eBay haven't updated their GSP to incorporate this fundamental feature.

Do they even have any plans to fix this?"

No because eBay is not an online retailer - they don't sell anything but services from which they collect fees.  The higher the transaction costs the more fees they take.  Not just final value fees plus postage - but fees on taxes plus currency transaction fees on the total the buyer pays.

It is not just GSP where this problem occurs - combined postage to international buyers is also problematic with eBay often showing the buyer a banner that the seller doesn't combine postage in order to dissuade buyers from requesting combined postage.  Many buyers just give up and go elsewhere.

I have had a number of regular international buyers who frequently bought multiple items at once now tell me they buy from other platforms where total costs work out cheaper.  The buyers I have retained know to request a 'Buy it Now' with a bundle of the items they want.  More work but it retains the sale; nevertheless it shouldn't be this way.

eBay are only interested in a quick dollar today but don't seem to realise this increases the cost to both buyer and seller, damages the buyer experience, and drives buyers away.  No thought is apparently given to retaining buyers or encouraging them to make multiple purchases.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

I recently had 8 GSP  sales from different buyers in 1 day and asked ebay customer support if I could pack all 8 individually with each having the correct label etc on the box then place all the 8 individually addresed boxses into a larger box and send that to GSP depot in Litchfield.

As my items are fairly light I would only have to pay 1 shipping cost to send rather than 8 saving me about £15.

They couldnt answer me and said they would get back to me, still waiting for a reply.

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Hello.

When you put items in multiple boxes, how did you communicate to shippers at collection centre that there are multiple boxes for one order?

I am faced with the same issue here...

Kind regards

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

For some strange reason Europeans can combine orders but not the rest of the world. 

I often pull the listings and re-list as one lot.

Usually works fine but had one recently suddenly decided the global shippping was too high and wanted me to use other services / complete off ebay. Blocked and reported.

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

HI I havent done this as yet I am trying to get confirmation from eBay I can.

My suggestion was just to put a big note on the front saying it contained several seperate boxses but they would open the larger box anyway when it was delivered.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Nothing in it for ebay so imagine its a big NO.

Extra processing time, opening the box.

Produces waste, the big box.

Hope I'm wrong.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

i would love to know the answer to this, I could reduce my shipping costs massively by doing this. 

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

@maplelaneart wrote:

Hello.

When you put items in multiple boxes, how did you communicate to shippers at collection centre that there are multiple boxes for one order?

I am faced with the same issue here...

Kind regards

Sorry for late reply. I didn't see this. I didn't communicate at all. I just used the same GSP number. With hindsight I can see this is a bit 'devil may care'... maybe I got lucky... but I had no problems....

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

The only solution I have found for this is to contact the buyer and agree to cancel the original order and create a new single listing with all the item included and the buyer then buys that item. A bit of a phaff but gets around the problem.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Thank you!

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Because GSP is strictly a (high) profit generating option.  Totally overcharged postage and fees!

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

The simple solution to this problem is NOT use the Global Shipping Program. I buy loads of small items and pay less than $2 in postage to send from the US to the UK. It should be renamed the Global Sales Prevention Program.

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

If a buyer buys multiple items from you but doesnt add them to their cart, then you have to send them separetly, as all have a different code, leaves you open to a INR.

What I have done in the past is message them, and tell them there are two options, either to let me know they want to cancel ( and relist the stock)  or in the future what you need to do is add all the items to your basket then click pay now.

As for sending X amount of single orders to GSP from X amount of buyers, well you are asking for alot of trouble as well

There is no work around this issue.

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Thank you!

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent