Feedback is out of date

Depending on where you access Feedback it is either the latest comments or months out of date. When you are trying to live down a mistake and are working hard to earn good feedback it is annoying to see the new good comments that are coming in not showing. More *bleep* seller Experience. 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Feedback is out of date

From what I gather it shows "most relevant" first when not in the full feedback view. This could well be some feedback comments that are months out of date. I've just looked myself at mine and it's:

Past 6 months
Past 6 months
Past year
Past month
Past 6 months

No idea how it determines "most relevant" but it could be to do with picking up "good" keywords based on the detailed seller ratings and shows them in that order. I.e if it's on average 1 or 2 out of 5 stars for accurate description, comms, delivery time, then it might sort the most relevant by "bad" keywords and so the not so good feedback appears first. 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback is out of date

Still, it is rubbish or "bleep" as eBay says. I hate the Stars for accuracy of description. NO ONE HAS EVER CONTACTED ME ABOUT THAT AFTER BUYING (some helpful souls have sent corrections and additional info while auctions are live)  so I have no idea why I only have 4 out of 5 for accuracy of description so the score downs me but doesn't give me any pointers where I have done wrong.

Is this Artificial Intelligence not being so clever after all? What is "most relevant"? Relevant to whom? It is quite an arrogant assumption to make.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback is out of date

There is a dropdown by the most relevant setting, on a laptop anyway - I don't know about the app; I never use it.  It will give you the option to search via most recent, which, in my opinion, is the most relevant and should be the default.

What happened six moths or a year ago is history, and good or bad, doesn't have the relevance of more recent feedback.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback is out of date

That neg you received doesn't make a lot of sense: plenty of businesses and their "gig" employees work on Sunday evenings while premises might be closed.  Calling an ex gratia gift given without strings attached a bribe is very nasty and is libellous because bribery is a crime. You should ask eBay to remove the Feedback as legal action will ensue because falsely accusing someone of bribery is criminal slander. Online, Lawtons Solicitors say this: "

What should I do if I am accused of bribery?

If you or your organisation is under investigation for bribery offences of any form, your future and reputation could be on the line. It is vital that you secure the services of legal professionals at the very earliest stage who will guide you through the entire process, working tirelessly to attain the best outcome possible."

EBay needs to remove the text of the comment and not just the negative score which is adequate when the text is not making an accusation of crime.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback is out of date

It is not helpful at all.

I had a buyer leave a +FB but not a totally + comment.

It takes ages for a comment to move down the page & so at first I thought the more recent good FB had been removed for some reason, until I noticed the default had changed.

This default makes no sense to me & as others have said the most important is the most recent FB IMO.

Whoops, apologies, inadvertently wandered on to the the BB.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback is out of date

Exactly. 

This customer was an absolute....*bleep* to put it simply. The worst we've had in 4 years of business. 

The situation was explained to them throughout and they've just got it all wrong. They started using the email address on our profile to send emails with all sorts of ludicrous questions. 

The exact message I sent to them regarding the free t-shirt was "I'll provide you with a full refund tomorrow morning.... and as an apology, will send out a levis XL long sleeve housemark t-shirt with an RRP of £30 for free.". Then it was followed up with the attached message (I've cut the top of it as they were addressed by their name). 

As you can see, it was a very polite message and in no way asking them to take a bribe. It's just our policy, if a parcel is lost, damaged, etc, we'll put it right full stop. 

This buyer has a reputation for accusing people of bribery from the negatives they've left others and they even left someone a negative because delivery estimate was 25th - 29th and it was delivered on the 29th.... So last minute. 

I've used the feedback removal service to flag their feedback. I explained that the bribery comment is a serious accusation and issue. eBay looked into it and said it doesn't breach their feedback policy. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Feedback is out of date

I agree completely. It's a flawed system. I guess we'll never know the full criteria as eBay won't release that info but those star ratings can be very biased. I.e if someone loved their item, they'll just put 5 stars for everything. If the parcel was delayed due to courier strikes, busy season and they got it a day later than expected (meaning they couldn't wear it out for a party, couldn't use it the day they wanted or whatever), they'll be a bit more brutal with the overall ratings. 

It all averages out but ultimately how punishing 1 less than 5/5 rating could be depends on the amount of sales someone gets in 90 days (a few sales a 1 low rating from a bad customer could mean bad "most relevant" feedback first). Whereas 100's of sales and a few bad low score ratings will mean the good feedback is shown first. 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: