EDD Yet again.

So we are back to stupid here. Estimated delivery dates:

Germany 2 days

USA 2 days

Finland 1 day

Dear E-bay. I have never had an international parcel to any country arrive in 1-2 days. 

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

EDD Yet again.

But never-the-less it's still working absolutely perfectly and as ebay intended 🤣

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

It's nuts. Beyond a joke now. Have a look at this one:

Screenshot_20240313-113511~2.png

Yes... We have until tomorrow to ship this but the buyer has been given the EDD of it arriving by tomorrow. If it isn't delivered by tomorrow the buyer can open an INR, get their money back in a few days and then it will arrive with them on Monday. 

So today as we don't have collections on Weds, I've got to go out of my way to a parcel drop point, paying for a faster first class delivery service so it arrives by the end of the week. Lovely.  

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

And if you do go out of your way to dispatch it today, that will feed into next month's "estimates", so that you won't ever be allowed to book a non-dispatch day or a holiday without eBay telling your buyers they can keep the item for free - even if you dispatched it on time by the promised service, and it arrived within the official timescale for that service.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

Just got a questionnaire from ebay and one of the questions mentioned ebays EDD being wrong, so they clearly know it's an issue but it is raised in the weekly chat we are told it's working as planned. I guess they planned for it to not give the correct date. 

Most annoying thing is they gave you the data they use to come up with this mystical date when they were claiming it took 2 weeks to deliver but all the data proved it was broken but they doubled down and basically said Royal Mail must have lied to me as they have data showing it's working. 

Why of something is working as planned do you have a question giving you the option to state the EDD is wrong. 

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

The first thing you need to do is divest yourself of the irrational belief that eBay is being run for your benefit and not theirs.  Sometimes both parties (eBay / Sellers) interests coincide when selling an item, quite often they don't.

As an aside, clothing is one of the few secondhand niches where there's actually decent alternatives to the eBay monopoly - Vinted, Depop et al. A great deal of eBay's problem is complacency brought about by an absence of competition. If I were a clothes seller the last place I'd choose to list is eBay. 

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

This is another issue with ebays EDD, via Global shipping.  I have reported this issue time and time again.

See photo:

Item was brought today via ebay global shipping programme, I printed off the postage label ready to drop off at the shop.

However, the ebay tracking states it has arrived at the Global shipping hub.  Well,  I am looking at the parcel now, so it is clearly not at the hub.

marco@ebay

dave@ebay

Please look into this for me, and actually replly. Every item we send overseas is telling the buyers it has arrived at the UK GSP centre the day of dispatch, when clearly this is wrong.

Please do not tell me the EDD is working, we are sick of being fobbed off.

Many sellers have reported the EDD  issues to ebay, so we cannot all be wrong.  The number of posts highlighting this issue clearly shows there is a serious problem.  

Hopefully someone will raise this issue at the Roadshows and speak to someone with some common sense.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

There isn't any irrational belief. In fact the EDD problem could well backfire and cause eBay to lose out on money because in a lot of cases if they are given a date it should arrive by, it could cause inconvenience. On the very last day the tracking shows as due to be delivered today, meaning some buyers might wait in all day whereas the real tracking number could well be at the sorting hub so not due to be delivered that day. It then affects buyer confidence and people buy elsewhere in future. 

Vinted aren't taking on business customers in the UK yet. Certainly none of the new stuff we have could be listed there and if listing too many used items in a wide range or sizes, as per their t&c's they can ban you. Sure a lot slip through the net but it'd not worth the hassle of presenting the listings to be one of the unlucky ones. 

Depop is filled with problems as people mention here when that alternative is mentioned. 

Anyway I didn't join eBay with knowing about this EDD problem as it wasn't a thing. It's something that started happening after the business was set up and established. 

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

Funny as well. That parcel screenshotted above with EDD of by 14th sold on the 11th. Yet something else which sold on the 8th has EDD of 12th-17th which is fine and as it should be. It seems like total pot luck. 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

Sorry if I sound a bit like the chat team.

Am I reading it right that you mention eBay themselves have said EDD is wrong in the questionnaire ?

If so, did you get a creen shot you can share (sounding like the chat team) on the weekly 

question and copy / paste answer session 

Astronomy is looking up
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

"If I were a clothes seller the last place I'd choose to list is eBay."

It can be THE place to list though. I've sold clothing and the prices some international buyers are willing to pay are incredible if you have a rare or unique piece. Considering the extra those buyers pay on eBay GSP too... if a clothing seller has something cool eBay is the best home for it to get the widest audience. 

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

It was just in the email I got this morning asking please tell us how we are doing, you may have it in your actual email inbox. 

I have filled it in whilst eating my lunch so cant go and look again, I cant remember the actual wording so but said something along the lines of have you had any issues with ebay in the last 3 months, the options were EDD is incorrect, customer sent item back in a different condition, buyer didnt pay, buyer claimed item was different, basically all the known issues. I'm hoping somebody else has the email and they can take a screengrab as I'm pretty sure Im not going crazy and it said that ha.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

It's obvious that person doesn't have a clue about clothes selling. I've been in business for a long time, spending years turning around other people's businesses and investing. When setting up BTR eBay was chosen for a number of reasons. 

Depop is filled with kids who think setting up a business involves buying a lucky dip box from some rag trade wholesaler and they'll easily make some money. Vinted as mentioned doesn't allow business sellers:

"If you have a legal status as a business, then you’re not allowed to operate as this business on Vinted". There's a lot of other bits in the terms mentioning how they'll clamp down on this. Why as a full time business with 50k items of stock, staff, quite big premises, would I waste resources building up reputation there, knowing it's against the terms and could end with account sanctions?

FB selling is a waste of time with all those who simply message expressing interest on items and then want money off or who agree to buy it and don't turn up. 

The best selling platform to build up an established name is absolutely eBay and I can say that as someone who really knows a lot about business. 

With all due respect to wyswig_steve, they seem to like chancing things though so would consider doing something against the terms of a platform or even the law to try and make a quick buck, what with over 900 listings and 3k sold on eBay, clearly a business seller yet trades on a private account. It's just not something we'd consider doing and would only consider vinted if they allowed business sellers to use the platform. 

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

EDD Yet again.

@btr.style I think that's the craziest one I've seen so far. 

My sales from last night (posted by 2nd class at 11.00am today) have an EDD of 15th-16th.

This mornings sales despatched at the same time have an EDD of 16th-18th. My cut off is 11am.

Dont get it. 

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: