Chinese Sellers with UK addresses?

richardsuperstar
Conversationalist

how come there is at present so many Chinese sellers on here who are allowed to put their despatch location as here in the UK?

I've found loads of items which are undercutting most UK sellers and they all show their location as in the UK but then have their registered company address details as in Hong Kong.

its pretty clear that these sellers dont have offices in the uk and are just putting this to stop them being filtered out when someone clicks on show uk only.

surely there should be some check done by ebay to ensure that if a company claims to be in a country the address needs to be verified..

Message 1 of 534
See Most Recent
533 REPLIES 533

Re: Chinese Sellers with UK addresses?

I think the trick is to limit your eBay searches to sellers which permit collection. This will unfortunately exclude some legitimately-UK-based sellers who don't want customers arriving at their homes or whatever, but it will also exclude any sellers who aren't based in the UK.

Message 521 of 534
See Most Recent

Its when your duped thinkimg its made in Germany when in fact its made in china that the wise old man saying doesnt work so well! As belief was it was quality 😞

my stainless steel shower head that was rusty as soon as it came from the box was my favourite. Said made in Germany. It wasnt... 

china. And from china. I was offered full refund but every day it was a different emails used to offer that refund. Like a panic as i gave one star review. Thats when i realised it was all the emails they use to do the fake 5 stars... joe smith16363. BeckyJenkins6665 etc. all broken english. I then find reviews from these fake emails with five stars after mine. 

Lately been sent a load of stickers every day to fake delivery notices also. To get round any ebay measures to have a real delivery. What is going on. Wild west. 

ive given up on ebay. Final arrow in the neck was ordering a fishing reel (new) where the two spools had been removed. Arrived in box but missing key parts (you csn sell spare spools for good money on food reels). Cant obv use it. 

On contacting the seller they kept saying replacement sent. They hadnt was bogus. The delivery number wasnt my address. Kept calling them as found them outsife of ebay and in the end they didnt respond

on contacting ebay they sided, somehow, with the seller. How??!? As it was a delivered item albeit not complete. I was livid "they sent a replacement" no they didnt wasnt my order and the order number they gave was just another drlivery. 

so had a product i couldnt use.... and no refund. Nothing. After months managed to negotiate 90 pounds back but spend 200 getting the spools. Was a joke. Came incomplete *bleep* 

ebay RIP

You let it go to absolute s***

much of these chinese sellers are illegal due to failure to pay duty and fake addresses and avoid tax that could fall on YOU somehow. But the constant mailing scams also. 

So easier to just terminate ebay

Clothing sizing issues making me laugh. One guy - and he did get his money back via amex - ordered a carbon fork cycle bike for 800 quid. It came and was 3 inches big hahahha 

nuts. Ebay did nothing but amex agreed was a fraud / scam. 

Message 522 of 534
See Most Recent

Yet u chose the cheapest 

Message 523 of 534
See Most Recent

I don't go for the cheapest , I tend to go for the thing i like the look of
in clothes, thing is , what you see , and what you actually get , are two
different things . I have literally had to bin a couple of items i got ,
thinking they were from the uk and a uk seller , they were awful , badly
made , cheap material, unfinished, and totally see through , i check
everything i look at now, if it's chinese , i'm gone .
Message 524 of 534
See Most Recent

This, price is only one way to differentiate.  There are other ways to win the sale and ebay also makes more money on higher priced items.  

Not too worried about the China sellers myself apart from the damage done to ebay sellers as a whole, that is probably more damaging than the overt competition.

Message 525 of 534
See Most Recent

One of my most profitable items has been cloned by a chinese seller, keywords, photo's, description & just under my price point. I first discovered this when my regular sales dropped off the cliff early in the year. This cloned item has since migrated across 14 chinese ebay accounts, some of which claim UK STOCK yet the EDD still indicates they probably all despatch from china.

I bought from one with the UK STOCK claim, delivery was from china. The product I received was very poor quality & I doubt that anyone buying one of these would actually use it, if they did it wouldn't do the job intended. My first thought was anyone buying these from china would throw them away & come looking for me ! That didn't happen, they have probably now abandoned any hope of purchasing this item through ebay with any kind of quality.

I've since pulled my item off ebay. I don't want my reputation dragged down by association with these china sellers. Looking closely at these sellers accounts it is either 1 seller operating all 14 accounts, or it is 1 seller & the rest are dropshipping through them.

I'm told that ebay in china are very keen to get these sellers 'onboard' & ebay rest of the world are to turn a blind eye to many of their account irregularities that would get any of our accounts MC011'd, good luck with that in the near future . . . . .

Message 526 of 534
See Most Recent

Yes, I do agree with you, I am fed up with chinese sellers ,they are not allow me to do any product sell  i=on ebay, onece i introduced one poroduct to Uk market ,  chonese sellers come with the same same prooduct and desroy  my sales , i am sick of this now 

Message 527 of 534
See Most Recent

A true shame my friend
Sent from my iPhone
Message 528 of 534
See Most Recent

A relative of mine ordered a part for his bike from one of these pirates and after a lengthy wait received his package only for it to contain a pair of underpants with chinese writing on.  

Message 529 of 534
See Most Recent

Im sick of ebay allowing  sellers stating uk stock woth shprt delivery times but actually business address is china and thats where its dispatched from. There should be a way to filter them from search results.

Message 530 of 534
See Most Recent

It doesn't work perfectly but you can filter to sellers who allow collection - that will remove some UK sellers as well but it works well enough for my needs.

Message 531 of 534
See Most Recent

IMO, you could do a side-by-side comparison in your listing, explaining why your original product is better than the knockoff and still get worthwhile sales. Some people may also be willing to spend extra just to support the original innovator.

Message 532 of 534
See Most Recent

I'm sick to death of this happening too (April 2024 now). I've had a string of ordered items just not arrive. Filtered my searches for "uk only", checked shop details; but still they get through the net. Just had one today; ordered on 14th with 48 hour delivery, marked as despatched by 48 hour courier on the 16th, so already 48 hours passed. Messaged the "U.K. " seller today on the 22nd to ask them to chase their courier, and the answer I got back was absolute nonsense.

"Dear Buyer,
Thank you for contacting us and extremely sorry for any inconvenience. You don't have to worry at all, we will give you your parcel and deliver it before time. May you get it very soon as shown in the order. We always worry a lot about our buyers, we don't have relax until we deliver their parcel to our buyers. This is our responsibility, you don't worry about that be relax.
Feel free to contact with us, we are always here to help you.
Best regards,
Thank you."

Messaged them straight back to say thanks for the speedy reply, but could they actually answer the question please, and received exactly the same reply as above again.

Message 533 of 534
See Most Recent

It has become a pain, but the only way to be sure of a seller now is to check their 'about' location, then read their feedback, and finally the postage options because "other courier" is usually a dead giveaway.

Message 534 of 534
See Most Recent