Change to best offers in the last couple of days - now displays '+ postage'

I was just wondering if any other retailers noticed the best offers changing over the last few days.  My listings are all listed with postage included/free shipping.  But now when someone makes an offer on one of my listings we can see after the price it says '+ postage'.

Has a setting changed somewhere or has there been a new update?  It's a little confusing.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Offers have always been for the item  only, I.e excluding postage, perhaps eBay thinks this makes it clearer?  At least for those without free postage when it probably makes it more confusing!

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Yes but with an item where there are no postage costs (includes free shipping options) it makes it more confusing now for both the retailer and customer. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

The basic idea - display any additional postage cost separately to any offer price - is probably intended to clarify to anyone who makes an offer that their offer price does not include p&p costs, and no doubt that's what is shown when the item has a cost for postage.

Chances are the problem is that no-one tested the code for items with free postage, so rather than display 'price+postage' when there is an additional postage cost and 'price' when the postage is free, the '+ postage' text has been hard-coded.

It's just lazy programming.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: