Buyers on eBay are not leaving feedback for purchased items?

Hi Everyone,

Earlier on I checked my sales and feedback and I cannot understand why buyers are not leaving feedback for my purchased items, I even have repeat buyers not leaving feedback as well, I have not had any buyers contacting me with any issues but still, buyers are not leaving feedback. What a strange phenomenon it is very bizarre indeed I've never seen this in 20 years. Even the products that I have sold for years are top quality items and still no feedback.

Is anyone else on here having the same or similar issues?

Message 1 of 88
See Most Recent
87 REPLIES 87

Not sure if it's been mentioned as I struggle to get past reply 5ish but the link to leave feedback on the purchase history page is now hidden, I always left feedback for purchases for my own visible confirmation I have received. That is also gone so can't even see if I've left any or easily see I've received the item. So not much left now unless it's a new seller giving good service or an old seller giving bad.

I probably get as many thank you messages as I do feedback now, some mini essays saying how pleased they are, but they rarely go on to leave feedback. As someone apparently says somewhere, am I bovvered.

Please be upstanding for the Mayor of Simpleton.
No chain of office and no hope of getting one.
Message 41 of 88
See Most Recent

As a buyer not a seller I don't leave feedback because it's a time-consuming pain in the b***  If I could select multiple feedbacks and fill them in with one message I would. 

Message 42 of 88
See Most Recent

It's the selfish world we live in now sadly many buyers especially don't give a monkey's all they worry about is getting thier items as described, they will soon get off thier butts and leave negatives when somethings wrong before contacting you.

I personally still leave feedback for sellers but then again I've been with ebay since it started and its good manners to leave feedback afterall some sellers go out thier way to get goods to you quickly and in good condition a thank-you / feedback is just comon curtsey.

Message 43 of 88
See Most Recent

@megalocade 

so says the person who has received 1,496 Feedback 

yet has only left 1,314 Feedback

why didn't you leave those 182 feedbacks?

Message 44 of 88
See Most Recent

So I guess you must be going straight to Trustpilot to give feedback on every transaction you make in every shop, pub, restaurant, hotel, cinema, theatre, etc. that you visit. 

And that includes feedback for Royal Mail for each of the 70 successful deliveries they made for your eBay sales.

Yes....?

Message 45 of 88
See Most Recent

Not everyone on ebay has all day to leave comprehensive feedback.

Some people have hundreds or thousands of items up for sale.

Message 46 of 88
See Most Recent

I believe it is partly due to the unneccary change eBay recently made the the selling pages. It won't be long before the only feedbacks received are any negatives you may get and then all sellers will end up with a minus feedback % LOL and the feedback system will fall into TOTAL farce . eBay insist on keeping making totally unneccesary changes to the system (they have IT staff sitting twiddling their thumbs unless they can come up with a change) whereas the policy should be 'if it aint broke don't fix it'. In the 'Good Old Days' you could leave a negative for non payers but now eBay encourage non payment by allowing sellers to cancel an order at a whim or simply not pay and since you aren't sure whether a payment will be made you have to wait another 5 days before you can relist an item that has already been listed for lets say 7 days. What a waste of the sellers time. I am running down my sales having been both a buyer and seller for over 20 years on a variety of eBay accounts geared to differing functions. eBay don't give a flying t*ss how many times you have to relist an item due to non payment because all they care about is the fee they will eventually receive.

Message 47 of 88
See Most Recent

10% of buyers that are pleased with their purchase will bother to leave feedback!

but 100% of unhappy buyers will leave feedback! Human nature.

Message 48 of 88
See Most Recent

I agree partially! 
I've had customers leave negative feedback because they only weights and measurements in imperial and dont know how much 50g is ! And then blame the seller for their lack of education. 
So I agree don't worry about the idiots out there. And concentrate on your business and helping your customer come back . 

Message 49 of 88
See Most Recent

... [customers] don't know how much 50g is!

I sell ribbon.  Buyers also don't know how long a metre is.  They order a metre and raise an INAD because 'It's not long enough for what I need'.

Message 50 of 88
See Most Recent

`Ordered 9 and have received 1`

i love that one 🤣🤣🤣

for anyone who doesn`t get it, they ordered 9x one metre lengths and got ONE 9 metre length.

Message 51 of 88
See Most Recent

hi yes. I just started seeling on ebay. i bought a load of stuff 100 percent feedback. now that i am selling. no negative feedback but no detailed comments. What is going on?

Message 52 of 88
See Most Recent

@wavesales wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Earlier on I checked my sales and feedback and I cannot understand why buyers are not leaving feedback for my purchased items, I even have repeat buyers not leaving feedback as well, I have not had any buyers contacting me with any issues but still, buyers are not leaving feedback. What a strange phenomenon it is very bizarre indeed I've never seen this in 20 years. Even the products that I have sold for years are top quality items and still no feedback.

Is anyone else on here having the same or similar issues?

It depends if they can find the feedback button which is now hidden in a stupid dropdown menu on the right side of the item! People haven't got time to sit and work out where eBay have hidden things. They want in and out not click, click, click!!!

It can take ages to leave feedback now, especially if you are buying several items each day. When leaving feedback is a chore, which it certainly is now, people just can't be bothered. Instead they don't use ebay anymore, especially if they have a bad experience!

In addition, buyers are leaving truthful sometimes negative feedback for sellers which is being removed by inexperienced eBay customer service representitives! Why ask for your opinion on your recent shopping experience, when that opinion will be removed, even if it does breach any eBay rules!

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 53 of 88
See Most Recent

Feedback is a choice you choose to leave or chose not to.

The only problem will come when they only leave feedback when they have a problem instaed of contacting us sellers first.

Message 54 of 88
See Most Recent

Thank you so much

regards
Message 55 of 88
See Most Recent

Not to bothered about the feedback but when you're only starting out again as a seller not getting feedback from your first few items kind of puts you off the whole eBay experience? In the past you nearly always got feedback "well I did " to be fair I've never sold a lot on my accounts but always been a positive response, all I can say is thankfully that good feedback I received then is still visible otherwise I feel people would be more reluctant to purchase if I didn't have any! Must admit I've not always left feedback as a buyer but that's usually because the item I've purchased needs checking out "like something that's supposed to work" I've clean forgot! But items that just need visual inspection I'll leave feedback straight away, but yeah you do seem to have to hunt for the button. As for not leaving feedback straight away for things to see if they work as they should? It doesn't look good one day leaving positive feedback then the very next day complaining! Well I don't think so. I like to think the stuff is good what I sell and the customer is happy as most sellers do. But there are people out there who would quite happily

sell you a dog turd!

Message 56 of 88
See Most Recent

Going back a few years my feedback ratio was over 50%. It has dropped dramatically in recent years and it's a source of frustration to me having once had 12 month feedback figures of 700 plus it's now just over 200 although since Ive been getting items sent in 1-2 days instead of 5 days which my despatch time is has helped and that's only because Ive more time on my hands now. It was suggested to reduce my handling time but I'm finding exceeding expectations is paying off. Of course everyone wants more feedback but sad to say I think most buyers just don't want to be bothered. Myself as a buyer I always leave feedback as I know the buzz it gives once received 

Message 57 of 88
See Most Recent

I was about to start a thread about this. Have lately sold items at a good price and in good condition, but still the buyers haven't bothered to take a couple of minutes to leave feedback

Message 58 of 88
See Most Recent

But it's handy for buyers to check on the sellers  feedback before deciding to make a purchace from them. Quite important I think

Message 59 of 88
See Most Recent

feedback is old hat and has been far from a true North for years, you can have the devil himself laced with deceit, ignorance, malice with a topping of shear filth and bad manners and as long as he only buys will have 100% feedback.

you will then have the seller who is true to earth and helpful as caring as a guardian angel who will have less than 100% all because of the devil or the buyer who got out of bed on the wrong side that day.

or the buyer who did it in hope they get the item for free if they remove it, or the buyer who has no logic " this round peg did not fit my square hole I needed to plug " and on and on

another point is people no longer really take feedback as a guide the only guide the take is in the form of £££££££ basically the lowest.

how many times have you had a message that contained the line  "I only bought it from you due to your feedback" ... rubbish you bought it as it was the cheapest or the only one on here 

the only time a buyer uses the term feedback if for the likes of the above or as a threat. a means to a dishonest end .

buyers have 4 options pos, neg, neutral or none a seller has just 2 pos or none. what fair system is this unbalanced, is it moral ? no not by far 

so why worry about something that is dysfunctional, turn to someone that is worthy of your time, thoughts and concern

Message 60 of 88
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: