Best offers made but then they don’t pay

im almost done with best offers 3 buyers this week made a best offer and then just didn't bother paying. Why do people do this it's so frustrating because you have lost out on another possible sale while you wait to be able to cancel and relist    One person even messaged to say she was being paid the next day and then dropped off the face of the planet. My blocked bidders list is ever growing. Anyone else find this frustrating? 

Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Best offers made but then they don’t pay

Message 41 of 46
See Most Recent

What I found with best Offers - almost stating the obvious - if you don't have messages flash on your phone to say you've got an offer (I don't, I use a PC & routinely don't minitor emails/EBAY round the clock) then you'll miss out.

"Modern people" have (often) the attention span/patience of a gnat, so a response to their offer within 10 minutes tops is vital. The number of sales I've missed out on because I accepted the offer etc 30 mins or later ... for them to ignore. Better with the "captive-card-payment" offer thingy in some ways.

Something's slightly true of when you accept their offers, or they accept your counter-offer, you need to chivvy them with an invoice instantly. Won't guarantee payment. "You snooze, you lose".

Message 42 of 46
See Most Recent

Yep My friend  does this all the time, say's it saves her looking for better deals. 
She just makes an offer and then picks the lowest price deal ebay recommends.

Message 43 of 46
See Most Recent

You think ebay is bad try some of the alternatives

Message 44 of 46
See Most Recent

Love it have set this now, problems will hopefully be a think of the past

Message 45 of 46
See Most Recent

Infuriating. EBay seriously doesn't like this behaviour which can lead to account termination.  Make sure you send Reminders and then, if there is no response,  transition to the Non-paying Bidder  scheme  which will mark their account if they do not pay up.  I can't hold in my head all the terminology and steps but it isn't difficult and your MyeBay account will prompt you with what to do. As they haven't paid, they can't retaliate with negative Feedback. 

Message 46 of 46
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: