11p added to BIN sales

We have noticed that some of our Buy It Now sales have 11p added to the total sale price, which the buyer pays.  We are a charity and this has just started happening in the last couple of weeks randomly.  For example, I listed a BIN item yesterday for £28.00 and it sold straight away for £28.11.  It's really strange. Has anybody else noticed this, or can anyone explain it please?  We are not losing out, but I'm just curious. 

Thanksd

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

11p added to BIN sales

Possibly the .35% new fee. That is added to the total sale inc postage. Regulatory  fee they call it.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

11p added to BIN sales

The new fee is a fee, it appears in the seller's fees, it's not charged to the buyer.

@northwest_air_ambulance   Did the item sell to someone registered in anopther country? It could be the exchange rate.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

11p added to BIN sales

I was thinking it might be the new fee but then thought, fees are fees to the seller and taken after the sale.

To add it to the sale price before the buyer pays means it's something the buyer is liable for like taxes or import duties ??

As I don't post out of the UK, I don't have any ideas about which one it might be or why ebay might be collecting it

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

11p added to BIN sales

I thought that because i did the maths and it would be so close to 11p and ebay round up.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

11p added to BIN sales

Thanks, but it wouldn't be 11p on all of them though would it, as it's a percentage fee.  What's also strange is that some of BIN items have 11p on them, when we don't put this on the listing? It's very strange....

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

11p added to BIN sales

Very strange indeed. Is this the invoiced price to the customer?

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

11p added to BIN sales

@northwest_air_ambulance wrote:

Thanks, but it wouldn't be 11p on all of them though would it, as it's a percentage fee.  What's also strange is that some of BIN items have 11p on them, when we don't put this on the listing? It's very strange....

Quite a few of your listings have £x.11 as the price; I can see a few others with odd denominations such as 10p, 25p, 76p etc. The majority with a pence element are showing 11p regardless of value so it isn't a percentage of anything.

How do you list your items? Do you list manually or use third-party software? It looks like your buyers are simply paying the price the item was listed at. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: