Ebay App automatically booted from browser

I use the eBay App on occasion, you guessed it installed on the advertising ploy of money off without having read the smallprint on how much I'd have to spend to receive the reduction, while using my Tablet. However my usual choice for searching eBay items for sale, is within a Chrome browser, hence I'm annoyed by the fact that the browser calls up the App, whenever I merely select a link, when I want to remain using my browser. How do I stop this from happening, short of removing the eBay App???

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I know you posted this a couple of months ago but find this opening the app when you are on Chrome really annoying.

I expect you have found an answer but if anyone else is looking the only way I do it is to hold my finger on what you want to open until the pop up comes up with " open in new tab" then tap that.

This works for that page and maybe even another but you will have to do this everytime it takes you to the app.

Trouble is you end up with umpteen ebay tabs open unless you close one as you go onto the next

Tried having desk top version box ticked but that doesnt work.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi Engager,

Thanks for sharing your solution, yes, I too used the right click method for a while, but like you, I found the generation of multiple tabs on a very low power system (a tablet) a very poor solution. I tried changing several settings in the Chrome options, but to no avail. I eventually opted for deleting the Ebay App, since Google Chrome had picked up my Paypal logon details in the process of using Ebay App, so that the app's function of making purchases was no longer needed. I'd initially intended to leave my Paypal signin off Chrome, for security reasons, but hey, since it'd got hold of them anyway, I now only use Chrome...

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Apps related questions? Start here: