anybody got any success in complaining to Ebay?

I recently spent a whole afternoon on the telephone because when I went into my Paypal account I noticed that I was £73.95 in negative balance.  I phone Paypal to be told Ebay had put a hold on MY money for something I sold on 31st May 2012, contacting Ebay numerous times that afternoon, speaking to one employee after another, I finally ended up in tears, I literally was hitted my head on a brick wall!!! Finally Paypal suggested that Ebay recyle case numbers and this could be the reason, so I suggested this to Ebay, to which he duly went off to speak to his supervisor,  I was then told MY money was being released.  I got no apology and when I complained to them,that I had spent three and half hours on the phone trying to sort out their mistake, I was cut off!!!  I phoned back and was given the complaints department's address, but I've since notice on here that nobody gets any response from them, so can I take it further?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Like many large companies today, they've forgotten how they got to be where they are and "little" people are treated as a nuisance. At least with national & international registered companies, there are avenues that can be pursued ie. Ombudsmen etc. etc.......However, Ebay being almost exclusively an e commerce company and knowing the controls that exist on the Internet in general, I suspect you'll be wasting your time. It's never about what's right with these kind of people; it's about Money & what they can get away with.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply. I guess I have to swallow it!  I did send them a letter on Monday, which took sometime to compose, more time wasted!  I also had a few days of feeling down and a migraine from the appalling way I was treated.  It's so wrong, I was determined to not let this go, holding somebody's money for no reason and using bully boy tactics, but unless anyone out there knows anything different, that's it 😞

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I don't have any such problems buying and selling on another well known marketplace (which has to remain anonymous), fees are lower and I'm not tied to using Paypal.

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

It gets ever difficult to seek a resolution to a grievance wherever you go. " Your call is important to us please wait to speak to our representative"
The reason is simple, we have become a nation of moaners, we complain about everything and expect our money back and some compensation. "My holiday in central Africa was ruined by Mosquito bites" or " I was late arriving because of heavy traffic" although I did sleep in longer than usual.
If we stopped this something for nothing culture we live in then perhaps serious complaints such as that of the OP could be properly dealt with.
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:

If we stopped this something for nothing culture we live in then perhaps serious complaints such as that of the OP could be properly dealt with.

That is no reason in eBay abrogating it's responsibilities. Arrogant, bombastic, and autocratic springs to mind.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:
It gets ever difficult to seek a resolution to a grievance wherever you go. " Your call is important to us please wait to speak to our representative"
The reason is simple, we have become a nation of moaners, we complain about everything and expect our money back and some compensation. "My holiday in central Africa was ruined by Mosquito bites" or " I was late arriving because of heavy traffic" although I did sleep in longer than usual.

Another perfect example of what a nation of complainers we have become. "My enjoyment of Eastenders was ruined by a technical glitch, not only do I want an apology from the BBC but I want my licence fee refunded".

You really couldn't make this stuff up Smiley Mad

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/furious-eastenders-fans-demand-apology-from-bbc-after-em...

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent