Will you be Celebrating IYD?

Yes today is International Yoga Day a chance for us to celebrate this Hindu art which has been around for more than 2500 years. Is it relevent in todays world? I think so as I do some of it's derivatives particularly mindfulness which is proving it's worth helping those with long term depression. 

Most of the Yoga we see is restricted to the physical exercise element as opposed to the spiritual, but there is no doubting its popularity which now extends to Dogs too. 

So will you be taking it up, perhaps you already do it, is it all it's cracked up to be?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry Missed the Photos

Screenshot-2014-10-08-16.04.33.png

yogadogs01.jpg

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Hello

I did some yoga some time ago but much prefer Pilates & does wonders to my muscles/back Woman LOL

untitled.pngWoman LOL

images.jpgWoman LOL

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

funny-puppy-guru.jpg

drunk or meditating.jpg

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Did some in the seventies when it was almost de rigueur, and at the recommendation of John Lennon and George Harrison (well not personally), but I can't honestly say I felt any benefit from it. Perhaps I was't dedicated enough. I think they have a class at the college here, for any afficionados, so obviously popular. Well it's been going for long enough, hasn't it ?

If you like it, and you feel it's doing you some good, continue unabashed.

Ohmm,

Ohmm,

Ohmm...

Mister EMB

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Yoga looks like contorting the human body into weird configurations not intended by Nature. 

However, this may not be a bad idea. It seems to celebrate human freedom. That's to say, we can do anything we want, with our bodies.

And the same may apply to our minds.  We can contort our minds into doing very unnatural things. 

Such as solving cryptic crosswords.  For example, every week I solve the Sunday Express Skeleton Crossword.  This is a very cryptic affair, because it requires not just working out the very cryptic clues.  You also have to work out the diagram, as to which squares are shaded, and where the clue numbers are assigned.

This is an intellectual exercise of the highest order. It's like "yoga" for the mind. I highly recommend it!  (I should know, I've won it five times!)

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent