Why Do Women Talk So Much

I ask this question, because a woman has been round our house this evening, as an invited guest.

Ever since she got here, she's done nothing but talk.  And talk.  Yadda yadda yadda, all the time. It's driving us men nuts.

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Yadda Yadda Yadda ?

Was she Yiddee Yiddee Yiddish? Hutspah what a mess.
Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Its obvious ....

Women are from Venus and men are from Mars ....the book explains it all . In short women need to verbalize everything and men need to withdraw to their caves ( to figure things out for themselves ).

So women talk a lot ....
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

It is not just women. My OH never uses one word where 20 will do. On a phone call, I always wonder if the other person stays on the line all the time, because he never pauses for breath, let alone lets the other person speak. My ex husband spent all day chatting over the radio with other skippers and then all evening on the phone to them when he was home.
Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if this is a topic for on the Round Table to be honest. You could write to one of those women's magazines, maybe there is an agony aunt that will come up with a good answer for you. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

Ever since she got here, she's done nothing but talk.  And talk.  Yadda yadda yadda, all the time. It's driving us men nuts.

And here's me thinking you were female. In fact I think I alluded to that very thing somewhere. Just shows how wrong you can be from a set of text. Mmmmmmm...

Re your problem. Bit late now, but should this occur again, be like the 'News of the World' (now defunct, sadly) reporter, and make your excuses and leave. Go down to the pub, and there you can join in with the incessant and interminable witterings of the blokes talking about football, and how they think the BBC will never quite be the same minus that fantastic programme about cars, 'Top Gear' and the wonderful Jeremy Clarkson ?

Just a thought.  photo big-smile2-smiley_zpsfe73fb71.gif

Mister EMB

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Thanks Electric.  I put in the phrase "us men" , because you thought I was female.  You got that thought, almost certainly, from a previous post, where I mentioned being in bed with my boyfriend.  Well, us men get up to all sorts of things, such as getting into bed with each other. This is all OK nowadays, and we do it with great pleasure!

On the point about women talking a lot, it does seem to be a female thing to keep talking on and on, continuously.

As you rightly point in your excellent examples, men also talk a lot.

But the difference is this: men leave pauses in their talk.  Whereas women don't - their talk is a continuous non-stop stream.

You can see the truth of this, whenever a woman starts talking.  There are no pauses.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Reminds me of the boy getting a part in his school play as the husband

His mother wanted to know why he wasnt given a speaking part !!

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Yes silver, once a woman gets started speaking, she goes on and on.

She doesn't leave meaningful pauses, which allow time for reflection. No - the stream of chatter goes on and on, until we men think "Put a sock in it woman!"

I remember when I was driving, with a woman passenger next to me, and her constant, incessant stream of silly chatter made me so distracted, that I went the wrong way round a roundabout, and nearly collided with another car.  

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

That excuse for dangerous driving wouldn't work in court. rofl.gif

What a load of generalist nonsense rolleyes.gif

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

You stupid boy Emb!

ncis photo: Slap3 Mad_-_Gibbs_Slap.gif

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe she should have helped you with directions, like they all do.

hahaha photo: SPLASH 1176360224144.gif

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Well, she wasn't much help with directions. 

Just kept going on and on about a chicken sandwich which she'd  bought, and didn't think was very good. 

I suppose such things matter to ladies. Us men have more important things on our minds.

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like?

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Because men are dumb?
But then I am an Aussie and our men only grunt.
Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

@jean2579 wrote:
Because men are dumb?
But then I am an Aussie and our men only grunt.

Do Aussie men grunt much?  Surely they only drink beer and vomit a lot!

Anyway, I  think the general proposition  - "Women talk more than Men" -  can't be seriously disputed.

We experience it in everyday life. The only question is "why"?  

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Why do women talk so much?

Probably, they just appear to, as most women feel the need to repeat themselves so much, as most men never seem to listen.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

seatbelt_design.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Why do women talk so much?

Because we let them Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Because we let them

Let  them?

Since when did we have a choice???

Message 20 of 21