Who should keep them safe

Watching the BBC news about child grooming online! It is horrendous how many men try to abuse young girls. Before our resident troll jumps on this I am not referring to grooming gangs but to men and boys from all backgrounds looking for cheap thrills online. With so many chat lines now available how can this disgusting behaviour be prevented?
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Just seen it myself, 1 girl was 10 year old, that 10 year should not be using the internet chat rooms Alone, i have children and i would never let them use the internet unsupervised, we all know these creeps are out there, not enough is being done to stop this, that is why parents should be more vigual.
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Funny how they can catch People who 'write' , non PC things online, easily and very quickly

But can't catch these vermin, who are all over the Net 

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

@martinlufc88 wrote:
Just seen it myself, 1 girl was 10 year old, that 10 year should not be using the internet chat rooms Alone, i have children and i would never let them use the internet unsupervised, we all know these creeps are out there, not enough is being done to stop this, that is why parents should be more vigual.

None of your children have smart phones?

Very difficult for parents who are strict about internet usage then there are the millions with more ‘liberal’ parents never mind the tens of thousands in care.

Not sure how you can keep every child safe.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello Creeky, good to see you!
I agree it is difficult but then isn’t that true of life as a whole? I think that the registration process might be the answer, people need to prove who they are before they are aloud to go onto a chat room, formal registration which is cleared would mean that these perverts would have nowhere to hide. Too many people hide behind fake ids and it is possible to counter that imho, and it would make people think twice about their online behaviour too!
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:
Hello Creeky, good to see you!
I agree it is difficult but then isn’t that true of life as a whole? I think that the registration process might be the answer, people need to prove who they are before they are aloud to go onto a chat room, formal registration which is cleared would mean that these perverts would have nowhere to hide. Too many people hide behind fake ids and it is possible to counter that imho, and it would make people think twice about their online behaviour too!

Sounds good in principle but these apps are designed to attract the maximum number of people in order to make the maximum amount of money.  Strict registration would undoubtedly make them less attractive to both legitimate users and those with more nefarious reasons to join.

Most are also not based in this country so not subject to any regulations we may wish to impose.

It’s not just chat rooms either, Facebook,Twitter, Messenger, Whatsapp etcetera all pose potential risks.  

Quite frankly I don’t think there is any way of protecting 100% of all children 100% of the time - depressing as that may sound.

Ultimately it will come down to deterrence - increasing the likelihood of detection and increasing the penalties for those that are caught.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Lots of projection there as per norm.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Leaving aside the obsession with so-called grooming gangs of only one ethnic origin  for a mo...

Yes registration would stop oaps from trashing their daughters accounts, having already trashed their own lol 
Perhaps oaps should be encouraged to perv with others who are not their spouses thereby hogging up available bandwidth to dissuade younger users 

But what is remarkable is the sheer disingenuous nature
You would expect someone who posts numerous threads on the same topic  to be appalled by the perpetrators not just in empty words but in reality, including social media.They would shun,reject and castigate such evil doers in reality or on SM platforms surely? 
They would never aid, support excuse and assist lifetime abusers on social media in promoting themselves under false pretences , never never never

But that is not the case  as we know dahlinks 

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Wasn't it  mr morality with a wife and son,who turned out not to have ever existed?

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

All made up apparently, going by mitigation plea. 

Some victims as young as 8/9, quite unbelievable when you consider the pretend outrage, faked elsewhere, especially where certain ethnicity's involved

In practise as long as they are useful, there isn't a problem, all quickly swept under the carpet dahlinks

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Do as I do, just make sure your own kids are safe! I'm sick of hearing how it's hard and you can't keep an eye on them all the time etc yawn! Mine aren't even that interested in the net, got better things to do than hang around chat room sites etc. I take responsibility my my kid's welfare and other parents just make it easier for me. Let the useless parents provide the fodder for the pervs and it will keep them away from mine.

Not gonna waste time worrying about everone else's kids, if you want me to be concerned then you have to accept the actions I'd take; take kids away from feckless parents or don't let them have kids in the first place. They should have to be means tested and pass an apptitude test before they be allowed to have children!

If your kids are sloping off meeting with pervy ner-do-wells then that's your problem!

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

@lambsy_uk wrote:

Do as I do, just make sure your own kids are safe! I'm sick of hearing how it's hard and you can't keep an eye on them all the time etc yawn! Mine aren't even that interested in the net, got better things to do than hang around chat room sites etc. I take responsibility my my kid's welfare and other parents just make it easier for me. Let the useless parents provide the fodder for the pervs and it will keep them away from mine.

Not gonna waste time worrying about everone else's kids, if you want me to be concerned then you have to accept the actions I'd take; take kids away from feckless parents or don't let them have kids in the first place. They should have to be means tested and pass an apptitude test before they be allowed to have children!

If your kids are sloping off meeting with pervy ner-do-wells then that's your problem!

A larger than average proportion of abused children come from those who have been taken from their parents and put into care.

So many mistakes are made by those who sit in judgement of others when deciding which parents are “feckless” and even more mistakes and lack of care taken by those who should be looking after those children affected by that judgement.  

Ultimately it’s the kids problem if, as you put it, “kids are sloping off meeting with pervy ner-do-wells“ - if the morality you express is being imposed on your kids then maybe concern should be expressed for their well-being.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Of course those in care are at greater risk, they are already damaged, lost causes, fodder for Internet pervs, keeps them away from our kids. You may question my morality and what is being inflicted on my children but at least I keep mine safe! 

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

I guess if a child is taken away from its parents there must be a good reason, it is possible that they have already become delinquents and in need of special care, losing that link may well create the kind of personal trauma that a young child cannot deal with and thus force them down the slippery slope. What I do feel contributes to the success or otherwise of a child is the stability of its parents, there are far too many single mums with children from multiple fathers, I don’t know why this is the case in a country which has free family planning, There appears to be a number of young girls and willing partners who are so immature that they think child raising without any stable foothold in employment and housing is fine, and I thought this was predominantly a third world problem.
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

lambsy_uk
Conversationalist
Yes, it was refreshing to hear someone on the radio this morning saying that the biggest issue to the detriment of the black community was single parent families. It's associated with poverty, poor education, crime, poor mental health and other issues! I hate the way single parenthood has become normalised!
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent