'While you were out ......'

http://newsthump.com/2015/02/19/parcel-companies-using-ninjas-to-deliver-sorry-we-missed-you-cards/

'Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible' (Dalai Lama)
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Arrrgh! I know this is satirical but I'm very worried I'll get a post ninja today. I ordered midnight Wednesday with Next Day Delivery to guarantee I'd get my package today, as today is the only day I have available to wait in for at least a month.

I wonder if sitting on my doorstep with a cup of tea and a book will guarantee I do not fall foul of The Ones Who Never Knock?

"When challenged that delivery men could try ringing the doorbell before sticking a card through the door, Asano no-Mikoto, Ninja of the third degree, replied “Pah! I once hid in a man’s septic tank breathing through a hollow reed for three days before he looked away from his letterbox.”  - Oh, I love this site.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Hello

When challenged that delivery men could try ringing the doorbell before sticking a card through the door, Asano no-Mikoto, Ninja of the third degree, replied “Pah! I once hid in a man’s septic tank breathing through a hollow reed for three days before he looked away from his letterbox.”

“If you want your parcel you can collect it yourself. That is the way of the ninja.” Woman LOLWoman LOL

Seriously one could not make it up !!! images.png

images.jpgWoman LOL

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

This was once said by a delivery driver.

My advice is that you stay near the door of the delivery address, keep off the phone, turn your tv or music off and listen for the Driver. We do attempt the deliveries but can’t wait for ever for people to answer their doors.

I think they were serious.

Where I live now delivery drivers and RM park a few yards from my living room window so they will have to  be really slick to get passed me.

Bet they wait until they can see your body with their specially designed heat detector glasses, go to the loo!

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Smiley Very Happy

I once caught a postie halfway to putting the package on the floor outside the door, I timed the space between hearing the bell and opening the door as four seconds.

I wanted to catch him as the day before he'd put an item through the letterbox which was clearly marked 'To be signed for'.

@bankhaunter wrote:

We do attempt the deliveries but can’t wait for ever for people to answer their doors.

This may be why some couriers don't even buzz my door - I live in a flat that makes up the top two floors of a three story house. Maybe they assume it will take forever for me to get downstairs? (They'd be wrong...I have mastered the art of stair running can reach the door in less than 30 seconds!)

My package arrived today, on time, and he did ring the buzzer. I am a very happy bunny. Yodel aren't so bad (in my area!) after all!

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

I tie a huge cardboard notice to the letter box saying "Courier, I am IN!  Please ring the bell".  It has worked so far.

glasses

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I once had to get the woman in the DO to put instructions on an item being redelivered for the postie to ring one of my two bells. Smiley Happy