Unable to login to my account. it says my username and email is not valid

I got an email from ebay saying the following:

Thank you for submitting your change of email address request. Instructions on completing the change have been sent to your new email address. Once the process is completed, your eBay-related email will no longer be routed to this email address.

If you did not make this change, check with family members and others who may have access to your account first. If you still feel that an unauthorised person has changed your email, get help here:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/isgw-account-theft-reporting.html

Change of email address request was made from:
IP Address: 2.98.73.189
ISP Host: 2.98.73.189

Thank you,
eBay

I have not requested an email change and when i try and login with both my username and email address it says i do not exist. I have tried to reset my password but it won't let me. How can my email address all of a sudden not exist when ebay are still sending me emails to that address. 

I have no option to contact anyone by email about this and I don't see why we should pay stupid prices to call. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

@cinderella1935

Click on this link and put "someone is using my account" into the topic bar and follow the instructions precisely.  Then alert your bank/Paypal/card company etc.

Once eBay have secured your account, run a full system scan to clear out malware picked up from links iin emails, texts, dodgy sityes or by using an insecure internet connection.

Then beef up your internet security.

Then reset each and every one of your passwords and make them all very difficult to guess.

Keep a watchful eye on all  your accounts for the next several months.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

also Clear your browsers cache

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Sorry there is no link

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@cinderella1935

It's the Help & Contact link at the top of the page

Try this one

If it doesn't work, click on the H&C link, Account on the right - Account Safety - Someone has used your account.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thread with links to sites as Norseway mentions that you can use to run scans.

Computing-Advice-Technology-Chat/Pop-ups-and-other-annoyances-on-Windows-computers

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

yes same and EBAY no help , ebay not save , scrap this ebay no cant recovery nothing

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent