The Swiss, right idea?

The Swiss are voting today on a Law which would see "foreigners" deported for minor crimes.

Are they right to do so? What do you think? Should we also adopt such a Law?

Me? I think that if they are immigrants who've caused trouble and committed crime, yes, send them back whence they came. However, I think the new Law needs a bit of common sense and leeway rather than a blanket Law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35680760

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

The Swiss, right idea?

Agreed, Can we tack the question onto the Euro referendum and save some coin in the process.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

You go to another Country, because it's better than the one you were born in and lived in and you break their laws; you go back where you came from.............end of !!

You go to another Country, because you are fleeing War, Famine, persecution and that Country takes you in and keeps you and your family safe..........and THEN you break its laws.........that's the last thing you'd ever do as far as I'm concerned................all parasites ever do is spread disease.........either of the body, or of the mind and attitude.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

And where do you send someone who was born in the UK but isn't British?  This is the problem the Swiss would also face if such a law were passed.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

ALCATRAZ

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

D'you know, when I thought of posting this thread I was expecting you to say that!!!

The answer of course is that if they were born here, it wouldn't apply to them and normal British Laws would be applied to them.

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

Surely....anyone born here is British? I though that was the case.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

It is but UTCYA doesn't think so.

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

@cee-dee wrote:
However, I think the new Law needs a bit of common sense and leeway rather than a blanket Law.

I think your last paragraph says it all - common sense, there is no such thing in law!!! Common sense does not exist, its black or white and nothing else.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

@cee-dee wrote:

The Swiss are voting today on a Law which would see "foreigners" deported for minor crimes.

Me? I think that if they are immigrants who've caused trouble and committed crime, yes, send them back whence they came. However, I think the new Law needs a bit of common sense and leeway rather than a blanket Law.

Yes I agree

I also think there should be a better system in place to stop people coming into the country who already have criminal convictions.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

@cee-dee wrote:

It is but UTCYA doesn't think so.

That's because they aren't - it used to be the case but is no longer.

At least one parent has to be British or the right of abode in the UK for the child to have British citizenship.

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

But if we adopted the Swiss idea, we'd be spelling out who would be liable for deportation and who wouldn't.

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

Which is one of the reasons the proposal has been rejected by the Swiss

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

OK so only 41% voted for it, not enough to carry the vote but it just shows that a large number of people are concerned about the number of "foreigners" committing crimes and it doesn't mean they don't have a point.

There's far too many screaming "racism" and "discrimination" when the most racist and discriminatory are the very ones who're "demanding" special treatment they don't deserve.

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

People don't want to integrate, they just want to take their primitive cultures and their sordid morals and use somebody else's country to practice them in. It can be seen all over the World, in differing degrees; from the ex-pats who live in Spain, but want to be surrounded by Pubs and Fish and Chip Shops ( basically they just want the Spanish weather ). To the Pakistanis and Africans who come here, bringing their sordid tradition of female genital mutilation & having intercourse with 11 year olds with them. Say it like it really is for CHRIST's sake........the truth is the truth, hiding behind some warped idea of political correctness doesn't make it less so.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

The Swiss, right idea?

@cee-dee wrote:

Yes, i think they will regret not doing so.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent