The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Living in the third world

Would anyone agree that our road surfaces are becoming as bad as many third world countries, how much more tax should the motorist pay in order to secure a decent standard of maintenance, Is it time for a rethink on how we get around, are we spending...

The Swiss, right idea?

The Swiss are voting today on a Law which would see "foreigners" deported for minor crimes. Are they right to do so? What do you think? Should we also adopt such a Law? Me? I think that if they are immigrants who've caused trouble and committed crime...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you pronounce....

How do you pronounce the word Subaru? Do you say "Soo-bah-roo" or is it "Soo-bar-oo" with emphasis on the "bar"? For an on-going thread, what other words can you think of which have questionable or alternative pronunciations?

User avatar by Guide
  • 85 replies
  • 0 kudos

What would make you change your mind

Following on from CD's thread what would make you change your mind about the way you currently intend to vote in the forthcoming referendum - or if, like me, you're on the fence would make you decide one way or the other. For me I'd definitely vote o...

What colour front door do you have?

If you were destitute and someone offered you housing ready to move in at an affordable rent subsidised by the local authority until you get back on your feet would you object to the front door being painted red?Honestly I cannot believe that paintin...

Resolved! BAFTA Awards

Is not Stephen Fry the most arrogant, ignorant, obnoxious person on TV? To think that the BBC pays people like him to insult a person who has won a prestigious award for their work. Disgraceful.There........got that off my chest, it's been making me ...

Do you read/follow the news?

Have you seen that time out of number there are reports of someone going missing, their family is "out of their mind with worry" (I'm not surprised), there are police appeals then, in most cases there's a happy ending, the person has been found. The ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Now they decide to mention it........

........just in passing, like it wasn't important. Mr. Schultz......head of the European Parliament, announces that any deal Mr. Cameron makes; has to be put to the European Parliament to be ratified and as a reporter said " you know how there's no w...

I had to sell

I love my car.I polish her( I named her Miranda) and I have long conversations with her board computer.Always agree with me,when she is away for few hours,for service,I stay with her, holding her handle.Before I go to bed, I always go down to the gar...

Hillarious

.........I'm not sure I could handle it now though, you need youth on your side to be able to keep up with this lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHKsS2hFzbs

Resolved! The EU and the death penalty

Reading this morning about the last hours of poor Millie Dowler, I have to confess to shedding a tear or two over the suffering that poor Millie endured at the hands of the evil beast Levi Bellfield. I strongly believe that we should have the death p...

DIY peeps, can you give us a hand?

I have a tiny kitchen, nice but not a lot of worktop space so I would like to increase the work top space I have. I have an idea I would like to do but cannot think of the best way to do it. As I have a high freestanding fridge freezer I have a spare...

Appeal court rules bedroom tax discriminatory

Victim of domestic violence and grandparents of severely disabled teenager win challenges over lawfulness of policy http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/27/appeal-court-rules-bedroom-tax-discriminatory-in-two-cases The Department for Work and ...

Protesting, what's your view?

I'm not in favour of "protesting" when the "protesters" are clearly costing someone else a lot of time and money in removing them and the rubbish they take on to sites. Who are these people that think they can move on to a site, set up "camp" and the...

User avatar by Guide
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cameron secures deal from the EU

David Cameron's E.U. talks secured even more benefits for Britain than previously realised, after the Prime Minister revealed the extra concession he gained after hours of tough negotiations. ‘I have in my hand a box of chocolates,’ proclaimed a triu...

porkie.png

Are good manners a thing of the past?

Do you use a knife and fork to eat with and if so do you place the fork in the right hand prongs upright and shovel food into your mouth?Do you open a door for someone, perhaps as a gent you open the car door for a Lady. When you see an elderly perso...

End of the road for Friends Reunited - official.

FriendsReunited.com is closing down - official. I have just received noticication that the above will be no more. When it started up in 2000 it had big openings and more to the point it was free! To register it was as easy as falling off a log where ...

The Madman has gone too far

Mad, ignorant, racist, bigoted egomaniac, Trump seems to have blown his chances of going for the US Presidency. Breathe a sigh of relief. Washington (CNN) Donald Trump's statement that Muslims should be banned from entering the United States "disqual...

Just what is wrong with our Judiciary?

The 'lying' British mum who used a student loan to take her son to join ISIS is jailed for six years. (usually half that sentence will be served). Tareena Shakil, 26, took her son with her to Syria and joined Islamic State funded the trip with her st...

Are the Oscars racist?

With many Americans of African descent threatening to boycott this years oscar awards ceremony are they right to do so? I don't fully understand their complaint which Charlotte Rampling today described as racist to white actors, But while I support a...

Corbyn in the Calais 'Jungle' camp.

Read all about it: He says: ''Let in all refugee children''. On a chaotic tour of the Calais camp, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn calls for Britain to open it's doors to 'hundreds of thousands'. Corbyn suggested UK should admit unaccompanied children im...

A&Es struggle after 'surge' in demand.

A ''sharp rise'' in demand in A&E units is causing real problems for hospitals, NHS bosses are warning. The BBC has learnt some NHS trusts have even had to take extreme measures to cope with the ''exceptional'' pressures. One hospital had to cancel a...

Frack baby frack !!

The government has made it a “top priority” to ensure protections for national parks and sites of special scientific interest do not obstruct fracking across the country, according to a leaked letter from ministers. "Fracking in both protected areas ...

Petition to save a famous hovercraft

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-35445419 The old cross-channel hovercraft face the breaker, it seems. I know they'll never "fly" again, but it seems a shame that at least one shouldn't be preserved for posterity. Property developers wa...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos