Some sad news......

Just found this while looking for something else

STEPHEN ANTHONY RILEY On 10th January 2017 suddenly in hospital following a long illness, Stephen aged 66 years of Blackburn and formerly of Burnley. The much loved husband of Agnes

I believe that this is our Blackburn Stevie

RIP

Photobucket
Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Some sad news......

Sorry to hear that, I know he was the same age as me, so all details are right for it to be him.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000001788 StartFragment:0000000458 EndFragment:0000001771

Yep.....That's our Steve.

I know that he had a cancerous tumour on his kidney a few years ago and had to have it removed, his demise may have been brought about by the cancer returning..

Wherever he is now he won't have to worry about getting locked inside his shed by hooligans again.

Anyone else remember that? It was around 2000/2001 and early in the morning he posted on the RT for someone to phone the police to come and let him out. I thought it was just a wind up, and totally ignored it, but a then RT member in the USA, took it seriously and phoned the police in Blackburn to go round and let him out.

Another time, he caused a furore when he posted a photo of his manhood on the RT !

Rest in peace Steve........And behave yourself wherever you are !

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

The amazing thing is that yesterday I was reflecting on the lack of posters on the RT and elsewhere and I thought of Steve and wondered what had happened. He often left long gaps between postings but I was thinking that this was the longest over the years.

Yes, I remember him being locked in his shed, that episode caused me to always take the lock in to my shed with me and keep my keys in my pocket while in there. I thought of him every time I unlocked the shed door.

Another old hand gone now.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

Anonymous
Not applicable

How could we ever forget Steve. Not the most politically correct guy around, nor the most tactful, and he could get many people's back up, but nevertheless he was very much part of the old time posters and it has been strange not seeing him around for quite a while.

I actually thought that had to do with the death of one of his sons, but there again he hadn't been in very good health himself for ages so this is not coming as a real surprise.

My thoughts are with Agnes, his wife.

RIP Steve. Don't make too much trouble up there.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

I remember Steve posting a quite funny video of him driving around his neighbourhood on his mobility scooter and cursing at the passing motorists for driving too close. As DH says, not the most tactful guy in the world. Well known for calling a spade a spade and never afraid to verbally step on peoples toes.

RIP Steve

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

Always sad to hear of someone's  passing.

RIP Stevie.

It does make you wonder whether the sparce posting these days is down to others passing away. Very sad xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

RIP Steve,who joins a growing list of former posters no longer with us, I think it was harry who mentioned Steve's straight talking and he certainly had his run-ins with a few because of it however he was a man of principal and although controversial he was pert of the fabric here.

@**bustysinclaire** wrote:

Always sad to hear of someone's  passing.

RIP Stevie.

It does make you wonder whether the sparce posting these days is down to others passing away. Very sad xxx

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

hi.gif  Yes Sad News Indeed, I Liked Him Too He Could Certainly Liven Things Up, And I Too Remember The Clips Of His Trips Around The Town

Hope Agnes Is Ok

Stevie.jpg

R I P Stevie

Petal
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

I think that Steve also had a problem with his spine

The last time I saw him, about 6 years ago, he was almost bent double.

He referred to his consultant as the bone butcher on here

I also remember him referring to me affectionately as Hot Bush

Took me months to work out what that meant, me being slow on the uptake.

I also have photograh of me with Geordie on my arm.

Amazing how these memories come flooding back

RIP Steve

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

I remember when Steve taught his parrot Geordie to recite the lords prayer backwards in Swahili, and after many years of patient teaching, Geordie in return, finally taught Steve how to speak English.

It was also rumoured that he taught Steve to eat with a knife and fork instead of his fingers, but this was never proven.

And on another occasion Steve appeared in court on a charge of negligence to a bird when he was arrested for feeding Geordie a steak pie laced with Marijuana which caused hallucinations which had the effect of making the bird think he could fly.................The poor little bleeder took off from his perch and crashed like a lead balloon into the bottom of his cage.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

R.I.P Steve, thanks for the laughs.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Some sad news......

I wasn't around when Steve was with everyone. Always very sad when anyone passes away. 

At least from reading he has left a lot of  memorable memories with everyone. 

May Steve R.I.P

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent